Business Systems Analyst - Sales Technology at Atlassian (Remote)
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it's necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is seeking a Business Systems Analyst to be an engaged thought parter and application visionary who shapes business demand for technology. The BSA collaborates directly with business clients to collect, document, and clarify business requirements, and acts as a bridge to the technical team who build solutions.
What You Will Bring
- A good understanding of key go-to-market sales processes and technology enablement of such capabilities in a large scale environment.
- Experience in configuring and managing software/platform solutions and familiarity with automation technology and approaches
- 4 + years of experience working with CRM platforms and tools such as Salesforce Cloud, Microsoft Dynamics, etc.
- Knowledge of systems development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies in an agile environment
- Experience directly facilitating large meetings or workshops as a means to capture requirements
- High level of comfort managing work in projects at an ambiguous stage with shifting priorities
What's Expected in this Role
- Build strong working relationships across business and technical teams
- Be an active listener to deeply understand comments and concerns expressed by stakeholders
- Document business problems/needs, objectives, functional requirements and more to support system changes
- Identifies and articulate the impact of decisions on upstream and downstream areas, trade-offs, benefits
- Maintain internal backlog of feature requests, communicate status to end users, track and analyze issues for prioritization
What Skills You Will Need
- Strong written, verbal, and graphical communication skills that articulate complex concepts that both business and technical stakeholders can easily understand
- Deep analytical skills that uses structured and unstructured data to inform key metrics and improve business decision making
- Superior problem-solving skills and the willingness to get into the details and ability to know when to get out
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in business, information systems, or like degrees (preference on STEM degrees)
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world's best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .