CRM Data Quality Specialist at A Cloud Guru, A Pluralsight Company
The CRM Data Quality Specialist supports the overall mission and objectives of the newly established Enterprise Data Management & Governance team by way of ensuring the accuracy of customer data within Salesforce CRM. Specifically, this role is responsible for the management and fitness of critical customer data elements, including but not limited to firmographic and financial information. This role will develop and implement processes and guidelines to ensure Pluralsight's customer database rigorously adheres to Data Governance policies and principles.
Who you are:
- You promote the use of data to improve outcomes for your colleagues, our leadership, our customers, and everyone in the Pluralsight community
- A proactive, self-aware, and empathetic communicator
- You appreciate being on a team that values and encourages diverse ideas, backgrounds, and strengths
- You are open to changing your methods and conclusions in response to new knowledge
- You respect and invite fair feedback while promoting the identification and open discussion of errors, risks, and unintended consequences of your work
- A creative problem-solver and enjoy overcoming obstacles that some may perceive as blockers
What you'll own:
- Support CRM data functions by creating, maintaining and merging records, reviewing data cases, and other actions in the CRM system
- Collaborate closely with data architect/modelers and data governance team members to ensure data quality per business rules
- Evaluate large datasets for overall quality and accuracy, vetting and cleaning the database as needed to support marketing and sales needs
- Verify all new account records have accurate firmographic information
- Ensure account and lead assignments are accurately routed using both automated and non-automated means
- Participate in data quality initiatives, councils, and operations
Experience you'll need:
- Experience handling customer data in Salesforce with a good understanding of related business processes.
- Superb communication skills and willingness to take initiative to chip in beyond basic responsibilities
- Experience in performing root cause analysis & resolution of data quality issues
- Demonstrable understanding of SFDC architecture and data management
- Demonstrable ability to partner with impactful teams, as well as business partners across the enterprise
- Experience with analytics tools (such as SQL, Tableau, Snowflake, or similar)
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.