Data Analyst, Analytics (Contractor) at Evernote
*Must have the legal right to work permanently in the U.S.
About the team
What you will do
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and data visualization to see beyond the numbers, understand how our users interact and engage with Evernote, and draw actionable insights
- Partner closely with product, engineering and marketing teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Lead the definition of product and business success metrics, collaborate with working teams to ensure correct data tracking instrumentation for measurement
- Build Tableau reporting dashboards and visualizations to enable the tracking of product marketing KPI
- Support product and marketing teams with process improvements for optimized delivery of diverse data requests
- Triage data issues by working with cross-functional teams such as data engineering, marketing operations, customer support teams.
What you've done
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Statistics, Math, Finance, or other quantitative field
- 1+ years of analytics related working experience preferred
- Experience in querying and manipulating large data sets using SQL
- Experience with designing and deploying compelling dashboards using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Understanding of statistics (e.g., hypothesis testing, regressions)
- Ability to translate complex data into actionable insights for a non-technical audience
Who you are
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Driven self-starter with good attention to detail
- Willingness to learn new technologies, tools and approaches to problem solving
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Evernote. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global Evernote Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.