Data Analyst at AlertMedia
AlertMedia is looking for a Data Analyst to join the Engineering team. In this role you will have the opportunity to use your data mining and analysis skills to help us answer questions about product usage and trends. Responsibilities for this role include writing SQL queries and creating Excel reports to respond to data requests, working with the Engineering team to leverage AWS tools and services to make high-value data readily available, and creating tools that give stakeholders easy access to current data. Strong creative and technical abilities are vital for success in this role, with the ideal candidate being an independent problem solver and critical thinker. You will have the opportunity to show who you are throughout our interview process, we don’t ask any trick questions, or expect you to perform a whiteboard exercise. We want to see you shine by showing us work you are most proud of!
Who you are:
You love data. You love digging for it, slicing and dicing it, and figuring out what it all means. You know the database schema better than anyone. You create quick ad hoc reports to provide your stakeholders with a rough idea of what the data can show and then get to work on making them efficient, performant, and accessible. You have AWS experience and love collaborating with engineers to architect and build data pipelines. You believe in the value of pictures and are a master at creating graphs and charts.
Who we are:
AlertMedia is leading the evolution of employee safety for a modern workforce. We offer the most intuitive emergency communication software on the market with fully integrated threat warnings and employee safety monitoring. We believe any organization can improve safety and business outcomes during critical events by quickly identifying threats and simplifying fast, reliable communication to impacted audiences. We are headquartered in Austin, TX, and trusted by thousands of customers in over 100 countries—including DHL, British Petroleum, SurveyMonkey, and Walmart—to keep their people safe and connected anytime, anywhere.
We are an equal opportunity employer focused on creating a collaborative and exciting place for all to work. Ensuring a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace for all people is key to our success and core to our values.
Come join us in our mission to save lives and minimize loss through effective communication.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share how we serve our amazing customers. For more information please visit www.alertmedia.com.
What you will do:
- Write queries to support data requests from a variety of stakeholders, including Engineering, Product Management, and Customer Success
- Work with the Engineering team to develop a data mining strategy and architecture and then build it, leveraging AWS services
- Become an expert in the database schema supporting the AlertMedia platform
- Streamline reporting by using ETL tools to transform data as needed
- Build reports in Excel
- Contribute to AlertMedia’s culture, values and vision for the future
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field preferred
- 5+ years experience of industry experience in data analysis
- 2+ years experience with data mining and analysis, reporting, and visualization
- Advanced SQL knowledge, Postgres preferred
- Strong Excel skills, including visualization
- Experience with Amazon AWS data analysis tools, e.g. Redshift
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced challenging environment
- Must be located in the Austin, TX area or willing to relocate
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
What we offer:
- Base salary + Company-Wide Bonus program
- Stock options - Be a shareholder in the company
- Competitive PTO + holidays to enjoy balance
- Health benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance 100% paid for employees
- Amazing rewards and incentives
- An exciting and positive work environment
- Commitment to community service with opportunities to give back
- A Best Places to Work company 4 years in a row
AlertMedia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
AlertMedia does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.