Data Analyst at Blackbaud
The Data Analyst (DA) works with key stakeholders to understand their business needs, and then addresses those needs through technology, where possible. The focus of the DA is acquisition of client legacy data for conversion, collaboration across resources to effectively prepare project for delivery team and accurate, efficient delivery of projects. The DA works closely with the business and technology teams to implement solutions that meet the needs of the business. This person understands business and ensures that there is integration between business and technology. The DA understands the system implementation process – and is very analytical with problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to help identify, communicate and resolve issues
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Investigates and takes action to meet customers’ current and future needs. Gives customer needed priority and responds quickly to customer concerns. Builds positive and fruitful customer relationships.
- Work with customer to obtain usable legacy data that conforms to acceptable formats and scopes of service.
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders, including project plan development, costs and scope of services.
- Understands programming concepts, database design, and SQL; will be required to write and troubleshoot SQL code
- Learns the data models in use in the business and can effectively design and/or recommend technology solutions that align with the data model
- Negotiates or mediates sound agreements in business or organizational situations where there is a disagreement or difference in interest. Successfully closes negotiations achieving best possible outcomes. Creatively approaches negotiations. Listens well and does not allow negativity to affect composure.
- Communicates information in a form well matched to and well received by the audience both internal and to customers
- Manage client interactions, understand their business and prioritize tasks for multiple concurrent projects
- Seeks to identify and offer solutions to problems that affect other groups.
- Asks critical, insightful questions, and probes for information that facilitates problem solving.
- Evaluates the risks, benefits, and opportunities of various solutions.
- Demonstrates commitment to ongoing improvement, achieves success by collaborating on cross-functional changes that impact others, and a commitment to data based decisions.
- Demonstrates initiative and willingness to think outside the given parameters, along with the ability to find information or solutions needed for assignments and/or projects.
- Manages customer expectations throughout implementation process
- 2+ years of experience in field
- Experience with SQL coding and data analysis required
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to manage time and multiple tasks/projects efficiently
- Basic problem solving and conflict resolution
- Positive attitude centered on achieving high client satisfaction, both internal and external
- Experience with Blackbaud’s Raiser's Edge product is nice to have