Data Architect at W2O Group
Recently named Best Place to Work by MM&M, The Holmes Report, PR News, PRWeek, and AdAge, W2O is an integrated marketing and communications firm powered by analytics and specializing in healthcare. We are currently seeking a talented Data Architect to join our growing team of pharmaceutical advertising, technology and data professionals. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic, fast-growing global agency.
As a Data Architect on the technology team, you’ll be responsible for building and maintaining our data warehouse environment, maintaining our internal data processes, and implementing and supporting business intelligence capabilities across multiple business divisions. You will play a key role in helping design our enterprise data architecture to support overarching data governance and related initiatives such as data architecture management, data security management, and data quality management.
This role will be that of an over-arching Data guru. The ideal candidate will connect and work closely with Data Warehousing, Data Analytics, Engineering and Data Sciences as well as Product and Project Management. They will be responsible for solving some of the most complex and high scale data challenges in our industry while impacting the lives of healthcare professionals and their patients. They must be technologically curious, driven to work with some of newest data technologies on the marketplace today. They will be a visionary and a key driver in the rapid adoption and scalability of crucial data warehousing and cloud-based technologies.
This Data Architect will collaborate with executive level internal and external stakeholders. They will lead the development, delivery and implement of AI, IOT, data engineering and data analytics projects which will leverage data to develop industry leading business insights. This person will focus on solutions such as machine learning, IoT, batch/real-time data processing, data and business intelligence while ensuring enterprise wide data security and integrity.
- Expertise with AWS services such as Athena, Glue, Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, NoSQL, Relational Database Service (RDS), Amazon EMR and Amazon Redshift.
- Expertise with GCP resources including BigQuery and GCS
- Plan and execute complex data analyses using SQL and other tools
- Delivery of cloud architecture to support new distributed computing solutions that often span the full array of cloud services. This will include migration of existing applications and development of new applications using cloud services.
- Own the Insights gleaned by the creation of advanced technology roadmaps. Share real world implementations and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater value.
- Innovate and engage with key technology stakeholders to create a compelling vision of a data-driven enterprise environment and the impact it will have on their teams, their projects and their outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree is required while a Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Math, with Advanced certifications are highly desirable.
- Hands on experience leading enterprise wide data warehousing and analytics projects
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
- Ability to collaborate effectively across organizations
- Understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP and NoSQL databases, Data Warehouse design, PostgreSQL, BI reporting and Dashboard development
- Demonstrated industry efficiency in the fields of database, data warehousing or data sciences
- Implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments
- Customer facing skills with the ability to drive discussions with senior leadership regarding trade-offs, best practices and risk mitigation
- Desire and ability to interact with all levels of the organization
W2O Group offers a comprehensive benefit program and perks, including unlimited and flexible PTO, expanded paid leave for new parents including a 4th Trimester program that helps new parents transition back to work, and a five-week sabbatical program. Other perks include Income Protection, Retirement plans/401(k) match, and cell phone savings plans. Learn more about our great benefits and perks at: http://www.w2ogroup.com/
W2O Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We foster an environment that embraces diversity. We are stronger with a wider range of opinions, strengths, and backgrounds to achieve our goals.