DATA CONVERSION SPECIALIST
About MineralSoft by Drillinginfo:
Drillinginfo recently acquired MineralSoft, the leading asset management software provider for the trillion-dollar mineral-rights asset class. MineralSoft’s technology is the first and only solution to fully digitize the ecosystem and move vital workflows into an integrated software solution. We empower our customers to answer questions that help validate and maximize their asset value and payments and also provide decision-making support around when to buy, sell or hold. This is a high impact, high reward opportunity with an established Austin-based oil & gas SaaS and data platform company.
About the Role:
As a Data Conversion Specialist, you will be primarily be providing data migration services for new customer onboarding. You'll be working with a project manager to map data in customer systems, develop a plan and timeline to onboard the data, convert the data into appropriate formats, and review afterwards to ensure proper quality control. This will regularly include direct conversations with clients at various technical ability levels. This tends to be challenging because our customers' data exports are inconsistent with and our clients have high accuracy expectations. You'll also be expected to spend some of your time generating custom reports from clients. Wherever possible, you'll work with our product development team to provide feedback so we can make this process as smooth and simple as possible.
Competitive Candidate Profile:
- You've worked in a data onboarding role before and can intelligently discuss how to manage risk and build trust while onboarding a customer's data.
- You're comfortable talking about data and data mappings with technical and non-technical people inside and outside the company.
- You're familiar with best practices for mapping data in foreign systems.
- You can plan and manage multiple projects at a single time.
- You're experienced working with untyped languages like Python for data manipulation scripting.
- You can work with SQL & Excel competently.
- You're familiar with how to handle fuzzy matching in the context of both deduplications and joins.
Nice to have:
- You're already familiar with Oil and Gas terminology and data sets.