Data Engineer at Invitae (Remote)
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
This is an opportunity to build infrastructure to power innovative biotechnology. The person in this role will help plan, develop, and build data infrastructure critical to our In Vitro Diagnostics program. This person will be responsible for the accuracy and usability of data central to the development and regulatory approval of Invitae’s cancer diagnostics. This person will work closely with program technical leads, data scientists, and quality assurance personnel to think creatively and achieve ambitious goals to advance the treatment of genetic diseases.
- Contribute to our mission of enabling precision oncology through genetic testing
- Design and develop tools and infrastructure to enable teams to consume and analyze data faster
- Understand our complex data ecosystem and build ETL solutions
- Build custom software and database systems which integrate with commercial software including a laboratory information management system
- Support continuous integration and continuous development through automated configuration management tools
- Maintain and augment existing systems to meet the needs of evolving processes
- Adhere to standard operating procedures and work in a manner compliant with regulatory standards
- Are self-starters and can work towards a larger goal with minimal guidance
- Have 2+ years of relevant industry experience, preferably working with large datasets, pipelines, data modeling, or data warehousing
- Have a focus on high-quality code, including automated testing and coding best practices
- Are familiar with key components of our tech stack including Python, AWS, Docker, Terraform, and Jenkins
Bonus points for experience with and/or enthusiasm for:
- Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS)
- Clinical data from medical devices
- Working in a regulated field
- Molecular biology / genomics
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s geographic location, qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown.
Invitae offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k, and a broad range of other benefits, outlined below:
- Health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage
- Paid time off, holiday pay, parental leave, and other health and wellness supports
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.