DataWarehouse Engineer at W2O Group
Recently named Best Place to Work by MM&M, The Holmes Report, PR News, PRWeek, and AdAge, W2O is an integrated marketing and communications firm powered by analytics and specializing in healthcare. We are currently seeking a talented Datawarehouse Engineer to join our growing team of pharmaceutical advertising, technology and data professionals. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic, fast-growing global agency. This role may be seated in the Austin, Florham Park, NJ or Chicago offices of W2O.
The Datawarehouse Engineer designs, implements and maintains data warehousing and data management solutions to support aggregation of heterogeneous data sets and execution of analytical requirements. This includes building source system data processes, verifying data accuracy, and designing complex interactions between data fields within the data management solution. The Datawarehouse Engineer develops data set processes for data modeling, mining, and production, and create custom software components and analytics applications. The Datawarehouse Engineer is expected to anticipate business needs by designing and building custom queries and front-end reports that provide actionable insight to end-users.
- Designing, maintaining, and enhancing data warehousing systems
- Designing, building and maintaining feeds for new and existing data sources
- Ensuring ongoing accuracy of data feeds, monitoring for changes in the source systems which may alter inbound data
- Experience in large scale data warehousing and data lake including analysis, design, architect and development of complex transformation and mappings & design using, data stage and data services
- Deep knowledge leading large data warehouses implementations, working as data architect/modeler and a workstream leader
- This role holds key the responsibility for the technical data integration and metadata management functions within a large-scale implementation project.
- Experience in significant data integration architectures, design, DBA, and development hands-on experience within a data warehousing environment, and very strong working experience with both technical and business metadata and metadata catalogs.
- Proficient in developing POCs to validate new architectures and solutions, evaluate new tools based on the company’s data.
- Hands on experience in production support process, analyses issues and identify opportunities to improve the existing process and to resolve issues.
- Experience with Disaster management and mitigation
- Established, advocated, and enforced data management best practices, principles, and standards for performance, reliability, scalability, security, and reusability at an enterprise scale.
- Knowledge in Data Warehousing techniques for Data Cleansing, Slowly Changing Dimension phenomenon (SCD), surrogate key
- Deep understanding of Data Governance, Data Strategies, Data Analytics, Data Integration, Data Architecture, Data Manipulation, Data Analysis, Data Mappings, Data Profiling, Data Strategy, Data Mining and Data Quality Improvement.
- Working experience in various reporting tools.
- Building appropriate linkages and relationships between data fields within data warehouse
- Creating and maintaining source-of-truth relationship tables for key fields to be referenced throughout a data warehouse.
- Implementing a standard nomenclature for use within a data warehouse, in accordance with established Business Intelligence policies.
- Documenting all metadata regarding data source, field type, definition, etc. for each field and table created.
- Serving as a subject matter expert on data sources, structure, or definitions.
- Working with knowledge management experts to optimize data and information usage.
- Working with Information Systems teams to optimize the data warehouse through hardware or software upgrades or enhancements.
- Structuring data in a way that is easy to understand, query, and display.
- The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and programming proficiencies and proven expertise in high-dimensional data-analysis.
- Collecting, organizing, analyzing, and disseminating significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Developing, designing, and automating regular reports accurately and on a timely basis
- Designing and building ad-hoc reports that provide actionable and meaningful information
- Responding to analytics inquiries from various entities by identifying data that will provide appropriate and actionable answers.
- Identifying, analyzing, and interpreting trends or patterns in complex data sets and connecting those trends to actionable insights and business needs.
- Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Biomedical Informatics, Mathematics or other relevant quantitative discipline.
- 5+ years minimum Hands-on experience in a variety of data warehouse implementation and management technologies, techniques, and concepts
- Familiarity with Azure, AWS, and NoSQL database systems, such as MongoDB and CouchDB
- Proven ability to work with experts in natural language processing and knowledge management
- Good organization and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to productively work as a member of a team. Strong verbal and written communication skills in English are required
- Knowledge and experience with software engineering best practices such as: version control, code review, unit/regression testing, continuous development/continuous integration.
W2O Group offers a comprehensive benefit program and perks, including unlimited and flexible PTO, expanded paid leave for new parents including a 4th Trimester program that helps new parents transition back to work, and a five-week sabbatical program. Other perks include Income Protection, Retirement plans/401(k) match, and cell phone savings plans. Learn more about our great benefits and perks at: http://www.w2ogroup.com/
W2O Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We foster an environment that embraces diversity. We are stronger with a wider range of opinions, strengths, and backgrounds to achieve our goals.