At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Role
The Deal Desk Analyst will help accelerate revenue growth of our Enterprise business. You will be providing leadership to a global team based responsible for:
- Packaging and pricing of Cloudflare Enterprise offerings
- Supporting the sales team in structuring and executing large/strategic deals including bid management
- Driving value pricing into the deals and processes in a competitive changing landscape
If you’re excited by driving growth through global, cross-channel and cross-product initiatives and want to be part of a company that is helping to build a better internet, Cloudflare would love to talk to you.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with the sales team in structuring and executing large/strategic deals, liaison with all organizations involved in the agreement process (finance, legal, order management, infrastructure, product, etc).
- Audit and validate data and margins on adhoc deals submitted by sales team.
- Perform margin and pricing analysis in order to support business initiatives.
- Manage International pricing matrix, partner margin deals and large deal approvals.
- Partner with internal teams to build, streamline and automate our deal desk processes.
- Perform other ad-hoc analysis as assigned
- Manage Enterprise pricing and packaging, including pricing calculator & discounting
- Work with teams to develop TCO calculators and integrate into Salesforce
- Measure and track pricing KPIs to enable continuous improvements
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Experience working the deal desk/contract management team:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the pricing models
- Provide support in conjunction with contracts, legal & finance teams
- Ability to analyze & recommend the best course of action for complex pricing & licensing situations.
- Knowledge of Cloud Services, Perpetual and SaaS Software and Solutions is highly recommended
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel, SQL and prior experience with modeling and analysis
- Enjoys engaging with complex, cross-functional teams and individuals
- Experience with
- Complex Cloud software solutions and sales
- 5+ years’ experience, a minimum of two years’ experience in an analytical role within one or more of the disciplines of Sales, Marketing, or Finance
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proactive, creative, and results oriented individual
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.