Come to work for Realtor.com! A leader in online real estate and backed by industry experience and the News Corp Brand, Realtor.com’s vision is to be the leading destination to discover and create your perfect home, and today more than 75 million unique users visit our company’s website and mobile apps monthly. What you can do at Realtor.com has the potential to touch people in a real and meaningful way. You’ll engage with some of the best and the brightest coworkers and leaders, learn and contribute, and have a great time. We work hard, play hard, and recognize achievement – rewarding passion for innovation, creativity and quality. If you enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic, cutting-edge work environment and desire to make a meaningful contribution to the business, then make the move!
Realtor.com currently has an opportunity for a Director, Consumer Product & Engagement Analytics, reporting to the VP, Business Analytics and located in our Austin, Texas office. Realtor.com is in the middle of aggressive strategic growth driven off of newly integrated entities, and continuing our record growth and consumer engagement will be critical to Realtor.com’s strategic success in the industry. Specifically this role’s core responsibilities will focus on partnering directly with the major functions of the business to drive consumer engagement, conversion and overall optimization of the consumer’s journey through our various products and services.
The Director role is central to Realtor.com’s long-term strategic growth and will liaise with leadership across the major functions of the business on a real-time basis including, most notably, Product, Marketing, and Sales / Monetization.
An ideal candidate will have a background driving value through analysis of a combination of finance, product, and product functions as well as expertise/understanding grounded in long-term strategic business planning and the ability to influence executives and representatives from across the organization to achieve results in a disciplined manner. Specifically the candidate should have familiarity or expertise in digital consumer/search businesses, consumer funnel optimization, consumer analytics/segmentation and digital marketing across all channels.
General responsibilities include decision support, business line strategy, business modeling, forecasting, analysis and performance management of Realtor.com's consumer internet business-lines. This role will also liaise with our marketing analytics function as part of a collaborative consumer audience growth and understanding competency.
• Lead and continue to build a team of high performing Product Analysts to accomplish the goals and objectives of the Consumer internet businesses.
• Act as thought leader to develop and progress the broader vision of understanding our consumers, their journeys through our website/products, and how best to break down and understand opportunities for product development and establishing the optimal consumer experience and product/market fit.
• Directly support all Product and Marketing leadership with opportunity sizing, ad hoc analytics, and generally interpreting consumer behavior to optimize product development and marketing efforts.
• Work with various department to develop strategic data acquisition and development in support of greater understanding of consumers’ experience.
• Responsible for all reporting on consumer behavior, engagement, conversion, etc.
• Develop and monitor KPIs to drive high-level oversight of business initiatives and company health, and develop regular insights from the data to enable performance management and facilitate accountability.
• Develop business plans and metrics for strategic product initiatives and business lines, and partner directly with cross-functional teams to facilitate achievement of short and long-term goals.
• Lead weekly/monthly cross-functional strategic business reviews at a senior executive level aligning the organization toward strategic KPIs and objectives and tying top-line metrics to financial performance.
• Deliver high-quality data-driven business analyses that address business issues with effective solutions, and provide key insights leading to actionable recommendations.
• Collaborate with Consumer Product & Marketing managers to develop and explain insights around consumer behavior on the Realtor.com website and mobile apps that help increase acquisition, engagement and monetization.
• Partner with the Product organization on data-driven decision making, idea generation, and rigorous measurement.
• Lead exploratory analysis to identify and size product development opportunities to determine tradeoffs between product features that grow and optimize the product offering.
• Develop product learning agendas, design multivariate tests, and synthesize analytical results into practical recommendations that inform key business decisions.
• Partner with the engineering and business intelligence teams to drive improvements to tracking and data quality.
• Conduct deep-dive analyses to understand product performance, conduct complex initiatives that address key strategic questions and drives assorted ad hoc projects.
• Own all behavioral analysis insights and deep dives and lead all efforts for consumer segmentation and analysis.
Experience & Skills
• Educational Requirements: BA with undergraduate focus in Finance, Analytics, Statistics, Applied Math, Economics or related field. MBA preferred.
• 10+ years' experience with increasing levels of responsibility, 5+ years in increasing leadership capacity; online media / consumer audience-oriented / consumer internet experience a plus.
• Experience managing and leading teams with proven success.
• Strong analytical, critical thinking, decision-making and problem-solving skills; Experience with Product Analytics and big data a plus.
• Experience in digital tools including Omniture and Google Analytics preferred; SQL knowledge and experience a plus.
• Proven track record of translating business problems into analytical framework and developing analytical plans for answering complex problems and delivering analytic insights.
• Experience directing or interfacing with technical resources with broad, multi-disciplinary expertise.
• Experience applying advanced analytic disciplines to financial, consumer audience/user experience, and product-level modeling, forecasting, marketing, etc.
• Extensive business partnering and influencing skills.
• Superior presentation and communication skills; mature presence coupled with emotional intelligence.
• Proficiency with Excel / financial modeling (pivot tables, lookups, data linking), presentations (Powerpoint) and data visualization (advanced graphing, visualization and presentation).
• Ability to organize, direct and develop personnel, and to plan and coordinate timely accomplishments of responsibilities.
• Ability to interact and communicate with individuals in various functional areas and various levels of management including C-level executives.
• Ability to remain flexible and thrive in a fast-paced and often hectic environment.
*No relocation is provided for this vacancy, local candidates preferred. ¬†Must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer.¬†The position requires prolonged standing or sitting and repetitive hand and wrist motion. Operates phones, computers, fax machines, copiers, and other office equipment.
Diversity is important to us, therefore, realtor.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, realtor.com will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.
Read Full Job Description