Who is Bold Commerce?
Named one of North America’s fastest-growing companies by Deloitte, Bold Commerce provides innovative ecommerce technology for businesses of all sizes. We believe Bold brands should have the ability to create and customize powerful transaction experiences — across all channels. Pepsi, Staples Canada, Vera Bradley, and Harry Rosen are among the 90,000+ brands in over 170 countries that trust Bold’s suite of ecommerce tools to power their online stores every day.
We're made up of more than 400 professionals (and growing) who live and breathe ecommerce, and truly care about what we do. We call ourselves Builders. Here at Bold, we live by the BUILDERS Code, our shared set of practices, beliefs, and values that help to shape this dynamic company.
Reporting to the VP of Revenue Operations, the Director of Data Strategy and Analytics is responsible for delivering data-driven, strategic insights across programs such as business performance, product management, customer experience, go-to-market strategies, and brand segmentation. This person will also shape and deliver the data engineering, business intelligence, and business analytics roadmap to support not only core business goals, but also strategic longer-term, growth initiatives.
If you’re passionate about building, managing, and developing a growing team and working with complex datasets in a hands-on capacity, we want to hear from you!
What you'll do
- Scale and manage a growing team of data engineers, data analysts, and business intelligence developers
- Serve as the organizational leader and designer for the corporate data and analytics strategy, having high visibility and interaction with the Executive Team
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams to optimize our current offerings; This includes building an aligned strategy with continuous improvement for data capturing and management, setting the data engineering and quality strategy that will support our company’s goals, and communicating the technical vision to executive leadership and non-technical stakeholders
- Architect our data collection, management, and storage platforms
- Be a champion for a data-driven culture, lead a team of cross-functional analysts and support and train staff in data systems and reporting
- Enable cross-collaboration teams to access our various data sources through business application and visualization tools
- Build and optimize the development of our predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Build a world-class reporting and insights platform that enables the business to operate with a data-driven approach
What we're looking for
- A work ethic that demonstrates dedication and commitment to Bold’s mission and belief in our BUILDERS Code
- 5+ years experience in a hands-on analytics/data science role and 3+ years experience developing relevant strategies or consulting
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, engineering, mathematics, or computer science
- Expert SQL and strong proficiency in Python and R; Experience with DLP, Relational databases, Google Analytics, BigQuery, and Looker
- Experience managing and leading a team and fostering their growth through 1:1s, coaching, and setting clear expectations
- Track record of developing and delivering a highly functioning analytics platform enabling performance insights which drive strategic business decisions
- Experience with overseeing data aggregation, machine learning techniques, data visualization, and experimentation architecture
- Experience overseeing/developing model experimentation and optimization in a production environment
- The ability to effectively communicate analytical insights to a non-technical audience
- Track record of solving analytical problems creatively, with clear outcomes and a strong sense of accountability
Why work at Bold?
Our founders have created a workplace that our Builders look forward to coming to every day. A place where ideas are valued, where you can learn and grow and do cool things, while contributing to the success of the company. At Bold we embrace and cultivate a culture of creativity, innovation, and collaboration to enable everyone to do their best work every day.
Enjoy our total rewards package including health benefits, a personal spending account, group retirement savings, an Employee Share Ownership Program (ESOP), and an education fund to help you grow personally and professionally. To see everything we offer, check out boldcommerce.com/careers.
Let’s start the conversation
If you’re a potential Builder who likes to get shit done and think you've got what it takes to be Bold, we encourage you to apply. We promise it will be a career like no other. We get a lot of applicants, so we encourage you to do something that stands out! Tell us about a passion project you’re proud of, or leave us inspired by your portfolio or GitHub. We look forward to getting to know the real you!
Read Full Job Description