Self Financial is a venture-backed, high-growth FinTech company with a mission to increase economic inclusion and financial resilience by empowering people to build credit and build savings.
We're looking for people who share our passion and are driven to tackle challenges, find solutions and make the financial space better for the communities we serve.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by providing people accessible tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can benefit from them the most, particularly the100 million+ Americans who have no or low credit.
About the Role:
You will drive monthly production of loss forecasts by running the Roll Rate models and other quantitative tools, analyzing the trends of the actual credit performance of the portfolio, the output of the Roll Rate Models, and other quantitative tools.
What you’ll do:
- You will collect and analyze data to identify credit risk (delinquency, roll rate, and loss) trends and drive insights to further strengthen loss forecasting analytics. Provide leadership with analytical insight that assists senior management with fact based decision making.
- Serve as a change agent, identify opportunities to enhance existing processes, remove obstacles and create efficiencies.
- The successful candidate MUST be data savvy and be capable of leveraging all available resources efficiently. Proficiency in SQL/ SAS and ability to develop moderately complex queries.
- You will establish all compliant data policies and QA processes.
- Strong communication skills and ability to partner effectively is a requirement.
- Strong analytical skills, able to track and manipulate multiple sources of data. Advanced Excel, Word, and PowerPoint user.
- The candidate must be able to field requests, elicit requirements, acquire and transform data to information and skillfully deliver. Ability to digest data and understand the business context is a requirement. Solid problem-solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Highly organized and proactive. Should be able to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic environment and deal with multiple priorities. Self-starter and team player.
- Ability to engage appropriate resources, internal or external to deliver a complete resolution, including analytics, implementation of tools and processes, communications, and results tracking
- Experience navigating a complex organization and effectively engaging key stakeholders; building effective relationships with internal customers; partnering with teams to implement solutions
- 5+ years of risk reporting experience, risk analytics experience, or a combination of both; or 2+ years of experience in a risk role and a Master's degree or higher in a quantitative field such as statistics, economics, mathematics, operations research, engineering, or business
- Experience in CECL and BASEL loss forecasting methodologies.
- 5+ years of analytical experience preferably in credit risk analysis or business analysis.
- Excellent Excel skills in performing complex data manipulation
- Excellent analytical ability in interpreting data, analytical results to draw insights to provide accurate loss forecasts and help the business manage the credit risk effectively.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to connect dots, see the big picture and find solutions
- Strong verbal communication, written documentation, and presentation skills.
- Understanding of process, methodologies used for business loss forecast, and stress test loss forecast submissions.
- Experience in loss forecasting for a CCAR bank and experience in stress testing submissions and building materials for challenge reviews.
- Good at exercising independent judgment and applying prudent credit risk management principles
- Masters degree preferred
Benefits and Perks:
We have the compensation and benefits you expect. But, there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many startups cannot: we can positively change the world while making a profit. We are a team of Builders, empowering our customers to build their dreams. We have a Do the Right Thing ethos in all that we do, and we hope you value that approach, too.
Our perks include:
- Stock options
- Quarterly performance-based bonuses
- Generous employer-paid health, vision, and dental insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Free at-home workout through Sworkit
- Casual dress code
- Team building events and activities
- Remote work arrangements/ flexible work schedule
- Monthly $100 COVID stipend
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.