“Making Healthcare Right. Together.” is the cornerstone of all we do. Our vision is through powerful relationships with Care Partners, we help all people live healthy and brighter lives. To successfully achieve our mission and vision as we operate in a dynamic health care environment, we expect Bright employees to embody and uphold our core values in work and interactions, both internal and external: be brave, be brilliant, be accountable, be inclusive, and be collaborative.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Director, Strategy and Planning will be the right-hand of the President, VSO to directly support growing and scaling the business. This role will take ownership over a wide range of responsibilities from business planning to operations. The Director will be the lead architect in developing and refining new strategies to support and drive growth and expansion via new business opportunities while also having a hand in building out the core operational components of the VSO. Client and relationship building is a critical aspect of this position and it is expected this individual will pursue, develop, and sustain strategic relationships with provider organizations. The Director will have exposure to the ins and outs of the VSO and gain subject matter expertise in business verticals. As such, this position is ideal for an exceptional, high-performing individual who can grow with the organization.
- Function as a strategic thought partner with senior management and market leadership regarding NeueHealth’s expansion opportunities in new and existing markets
- Lead formulation, preparation and communication of strategic and operational business plans for the VSO
- Collaborate cross-functionally to build out core components of the VSO
- Partner with Transformation Office to develop and monitor VSO project plan which outlines the scope and project requirements, acknowledges critical milestones, and identifies resources, systems, and individuals needed to successfully execute the plan
- Advise and inform President of VSO and NeueHealth Leaders of business activities, performance, risks, opportunities, and recommended courses of action
- Establish methodologies for customer identification, evaluation, prioritization, selection, negotiation and execution of new contracts, via review of market data sources and NeueHealth strategic priorities
- Directly support all aspects of growth, including market strategy, product development, sales, and transactions
- Continue to expand network of external peers, delivery system leaders, consultants, bankers and other marketplace experts
- Actively prospect, build relationships, secure deals, and manage strategic accounts
- Collaborate with marketing team and/or consultants to produce, plan, and budget for internal and external facing communications
- This position will have supervisory responsibility over functional direct reports
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- A minimum of ten (10) years of related experience in progressive leadership roles at (or serving) provider organizations
- Five (5) or more years experience in strategy or consulting
- Experience working with risk-bearing provider entities and ACOs under value-based arrangements and progressive payment models
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision, multi-task, complete projects in a timely fashion and meet deadlines
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills a must.
- Experience working in highly matrixed and cross-functional environments
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint skills
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology, and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized, and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities, we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like Modern Healthcare and Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.