Buying a home should be an exciting milestone. But all too often, it’s stressful, especially in a competitive market or when you’re buying and selling at the same time. So we’re redesigning the homebuying experience. We’re a fast-paced real estate startup that empowers agents to help homebuyers buy with cash. We buy homes on behalf of our partners’ clients with our cash, then the client buys the home back from us.
Founder and CEO Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest-growing agent teams in the country, started Homeward in 2018. In fact, he bought our first customer’s home with his own life savings. Today we offer two services — Buy with cash and Buy before you sell — in Texas, Colorado, and Georgia.
We’ve raised more than $160MM in equity capital from top-tier venture investors, including Norwest, Blackstone Alternative Asset Management, Adams Street, Javelin, and LiveOak. Our leadership team includes experts from the real estate, mortgage, and technology industries.
About the opportunity
We’re looking for a capable Encompass Developer who is able to quickly learn and engage with mission critical systems used by our mortgage team. Duties will include administering Encompass and Blend, managing users and permissions, and responding to internal inquiries. Demonstrated familiarity with other real estate software can substitute for experience with our particular software suites -- we’re willing and able to train the right candidate.
This role is not eligible to be performed from Colorado. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.Responsibilities include
- Work within our technical team to help build sustainable solutions to business problems and deliver features to end users and internal clients.
- Design modifications to the technical architecture for our LOS to enable hyper scalability
- Work on developing new and refining existing integrations to the LOS
- Work closely with other analysts and leaders of our mortgage team.
- Drive user success across designated tools.
- Configure new functionality like business rules, templates, profiles, roles, and personas.
- Continually seek to configure optimizations of our tools/systems to drive efficient operations across the organization.
- Build and maintain a ‘How-To’ catalogue of Homeward's use of these tools to drive self-service and scalability.
- 5+ years of administration or development experience with Encompass.
- 2+ years of experience in JSON and an object-oriented programming language, such as C# or .NET
- You have a proven track record of learning new technologies and skills to fulfill the needs of the business.
- You’re great at uncovering and understanding internal user needs, and you have experience building solutions and training to meet them.
- You’re collaborative and open to feedback. You’re great at working as part of a team and love getting input on priorities and user needs.
THE GOLDEN RULE
Whether we’re dealing with colleagues or customers, we follow The Golden Rule, treating others the way we want to be treated. It’s a simple rule, but it’s also significant: we don’t prioritize money or growth over people, and we practice empathy at every opportunity.
We work in tech and build solutions for real estate. Both are fast-paced and stressful industries. So it’s important that we focus on the larger objective rather than rushing from one task to the next. If something is out of scope, we say “No.” If something feels rushed, we pump the brakes. This calm focus helps us create solutions our customers love.
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM
Big problems require big solutions. We look at our customers’ experience holistically, and recognize that solving them requires collaboration across teams. This approach extends to cooperation among our three affiliate companies — Homeward, Homeward Mortgage, and Homeward Title — and results in a better homebuying experience.