Engineer II at CrowdStrike
About the Role:
The Data Systems Engineer will work remotely to provide the Technical Operations (TechOps) team with expert analyses and insights to facilitate the cost and resource optimization of CrowdStrike’s multi-cloud environment, one that currently handles over 3 trillion events a week. The ideal candidate must be adept and comfortable with performing independent ad-hoc calculations and generate reports from data that are continually generated by the tens of thousands of servers in our cloud infrastructure.
- Data analysis and basic statistics using one or more of the following – Excel, Python, R, SQL.
- Implement and apply methods and processes to help report, analyze, and manage costs associated with multi-cloud infrastructures.
- Monitor and generate reports associated with changes in data center and public cloud resource use.
- Assist in growth forecasting and capacity planning
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university. Equivalent field experience considered.
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud computing infrastructure
- Strong ability for communicating technical detail into succinct and fact-based business terminology, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong ability for using independent judgment to make sound, justifiable decisions and take action to solve problems.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize and execute in a methodical and disciplined manner.
- Strong ability to plan, organize and prioritize work independently and meet deadlines.
- Strong ability to work in a collaborative, team environment
- Familiarity with how Data Center hardware is priced, how OpEx is priced, and especially how Cloud Service Providers price and report their charges
- Knowledge of Google Cloud Platform(GCP), and Microsoft
- Knowledge of Tableau and other big data analysis and visualization tools