Existing Customer Management Risk Analyst at Self Financial
Self Financial, Inc. helps consumers establish and build credit history. We are a venture-backed, financial services startup based in Austin, TX. At Self, our mission is to help millions of people build credit and save money on their journey toward financial security.
There are about 100 million people in the US who have low credit scores or who have no access to credit at all. Sadly, there aren’t many options for these people. Most banks aren’t doing anything material to change the situation because it’s not profitable for them to do so. Bad credit or no credit history can be barriers to renting an apartment or getting certain jobs, let alone buying a car or house. And if you can get a loan with a low credit score, you’re very likely to pay a lot more in interest over the life of that loan.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by giving people accessible and affordable tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can most benefit from them.
We're looking for people who share a passion for our mission and relate to why we do what we do. At Self, we want to work with people who are driven to tackle challenges, bring unique perspectives, find solutions and help make the financial space a better place for our consumers. We recognize that it takes different people and personalities to make our products – and our company – truly great. We only seek the best.
If you are someone who is equally passionate as we are, we want to chat with you.
About the role:
The ECM Risk Analyst is responsible for the success of the secured and unsecured credit card account management credit strategies.
This includes strategy creation, implementation/ management, testing and improvements, audit control, and policy/ procedure. This is a very collaborative role, working across all areas of the organization to ensure success.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Finance, Economics or related analytical field and/or extensive industry experience (Master’s Preferred)
- Firm background and experience in portfolio analytics, adaptive control strategies (including Champion/Challenger testing), SQL programming, Analytic Tools (SAS, R, or Python), project management, test design and execution
- 5 years of analytics experience, with at least 3 years of direct experience managing consumer credit card ECM
- Familiarity with using internal, bureau and alternative data sources to build and maintain strategies
- Create and manage account management strategies including: line management, high-risk payments, authorizations, pricing, and retention strategies
- Present results of analysis and proposals for improvements to strategies to senior management, including measuring impacts to P&L
- Create and maintain policy/procedure related to ECM strategy
- Conduct ongoing testing and analysis to refine strategies over time
- Work across departments to build and maintain data structure to manage these programs
- Ensure proper execution of account management strategies through detailed audit protocols
Our compensation and benefits are competitive, but there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many startups cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. Over 64 million adults in the U.S. do not have a credit score due to a lack of credit history. Self is solving this problem with innovative technology and partnerships.
Our perks include:
- Competitive Pay
- Stock options
- Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Enjoy our vacation policy – there is no policy, balance matters
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Plenty of snacks and drinks provided
- Casual dress code
- Catered company lunches on Mondays and Wednesdays
- Team happy hours and events
- Downtown Austin office space
How we act with each other is how we act with our customers. We are direct, transparent and respectful, and we hope you embrace that approach.
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.