Game Director of Analytics at SciPlay (Austin, TX)
The Director of Analytics will play a vital role in one of the biggest mobile games in the world.
As the Director of Analytics, you will be responsible for one of the most crucial departments in the game and manage multiple analytics teams who work on massive data sets, using advanced analytics and statistical methods combined with excellent critical, business, strategic, and problem-solving thinking, to deliver cutting-edge analyses, insights, tools, segments, and solutions to drive the business.
Additionally, as the Director of Analytics, you will be a member of the game’s management, who influences the decision-making, roadmap, strategy, culture, P&L, etc., and be expected to present and work closely with the company’s senior management.
· Manage and mentor multiple analytics teams and team leaders; Own the day-to-day management, recruiting, training, and support your team members’ personal and professional development and growth
· Foster a culture of excellence, motivation, creativity, proactivity, and a sense of urgency
· Leverage multiple massive data sets and cutting-edge technologies to identify patterns and opportunities
· Ensure the department drives and delivers high-end, actionable, and valuable analyses, models, insights, conclusions, tools, and solutions in a dynamic and results-oriented environment
· End-to-end plan and manage the AB Tests method, tools, roadmap, and execution
· Constantly explore and develop new methodologies, tools, and technologies, to evolve the department's performance and capabilities
· Establish, analyze, implement, execute, and validate complex statistical models and segmentations to improve our players’ experience
· Monitor the product KPIs on an hourly and daily basis, to ensure their health and provide real-time recommendations to the monetization team
· 7+ years of practical analytic experience in online/marketing/big data environments- mandatory; genuine interest in Mobile gaming- a major advantage
· 4+ years of group/department management experience
· Genuine interest in Mobile Gaming
· Strong SQL experience, along with a solid understanding and experience with relational DB and big-data environments
· Excellent proficiency in Excel and BI tools; Tableau- advantage
· Strong understanding of the statistical significance, models, and tools; An hands-on experience with Python/R- mandatory
· Strong sense of conflicts management, leadership, responsibility, and professionalism
· Outstanding attention to detail, analytical skills, and critical, business, strategic, problem-solving thinking, oral and written communication skills
· An exceptional approach to data and ability to take a business question, define the analysis method and deliver a high-level output and present it in a sharp and concise way
· Self-learner, multi-tasking, able to work independently, initiative, highly organized, "can-do" approach
· Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, computer science, or a related field
We are SciPlay! We make games!
The roots of our company are simple and strong: Our founder, Aaron “Shurm” Schurman, fell head over heels for casino games and had a vision to create the most entertaining free-to-play casino games for gamers around the world. We’ve grown into a company that makes games we are truly proud of and that are enjoyed by millions of players every day. Our history is extensive, but we’re just getting started. In 1998, we got our start as Phantom EFX and in 2019, we reintroduced ourselves as SciPlay and went public on the Nasdaq.
At SciPlay, we are programmed to think untraditionally. From our yearly development conferences, shindigs, and new game launches, we believe in doing what you love and doing it well. We take great pride in our ability to create authentic experiences for players and we are excited to continue investing in our workforce, technology, and our data-driven approach, all with the mission of delighting our players long into the future. We believe that if we continue to stay passionate, set ambitious goals, live our values and play together, we will become the #1 social casino and casual gaming company in the world.
A few of our highlighted perks and benefits:
· Competitive salaries
· Paid Family Leave
· Paid Volunteer Time
· Annual bonuses, matching 401k, stock options, and other benefits
· Game Room featuring current generation consoles, numerous game titles, and various table games.
· Fully Stocked Kitchen with Beverages and Snacks
· Open Office Concept with Ergonomic Seating and Standing Desks
· Summer Hours
· Hybrid Office (Currently 1 Day In / 4 Days Remote)
We don’t consider the above list “Culture” though. Culture at SciPlay is MUCH MORE than just that including, but not limited to:
· Culture League Dedicated to Employee Engagement and Fun
· Employee Resource Groups
· Mental Health Resources
· Career Roadmaps
· Annual Company Retreats
· Learning & Development Opportunities
· Management Training
· Leadership Book Clubs
· Empathic Leadership
· Work Life Balance
Read More About Our Values Here:
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At SciPlay we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles we have! #beYOU
SciPlayers are humble. In the live environment of mobile game development, there’s no room for egos and the loudest voice doesn’t get their way here. We are diverse in our backgrounds and our experience, both professionally and personally, and we believe our differences are key to unlocking our super powers.
SciPlay Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, SciPlay) are committed to creating a workforce of credibility and dependability. As a prerequisite to employment with SciPlay (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SciPlay conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you. This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above. SciPlay is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEOC Poster.