Gameplay Analyst at SciPlay
SciPlay, is a global leader focused in providing an ever-expanding portfolio of robust iGaming and Social Casino solutions to the global gaming industry. To put it simply - we make Mobile and Facebook games that are fun to play, fun to make, and we're growing like crazy! SciPlay's reach is made possible by the expertise of our rock star teams and game makers. Want to be part of a fast-paced company that lands in the Top 1% of Social Casino games? See more details below!
Job Description Summary:
SciPlay is a leading developer and publisher of digital games on mobile and web platforms, providing highly entertaining free-to-play games that millions of people play every day for their authenticity, engagement and fun.
SciPlay currently offers nine core games, including social casino games Jackpot Party Casino, Gold Fish Casino Slots, Hot Shot Casino and Quick Hit Slots, and casual games MONOPOLY Slots, Bingo Showdown, 88 Fortunes Slots, Backgammon Live, and Solitaire Pet Adventure with offices all over the world!
The Analytics Engineer is responsible for supplying analysis and direction to fellow team members in order to improve key performance indicators for social and mobile applications, and is responsible for weekly deliverables, which is an opportunity to present analysis on test results and recommended areas of focus to management.
Essential Job Functions:
- Produce actionable insights from large data sources in order to impact key metrics such as revenue, engagement, and retention
- Develop interactive dashboards and reporting using tools such as Excel, Visual Basic, Tableau, Dash, and Plotly
- Understanding player behavior and appropriate segmentation
- Understand and solve complex business problems using tools like Excel, R, and Python
- Participate in strategic and tactical planning discussions
- Collaborate with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete business solutions
- Developing automated tools that reduce time and effort across all analytics functions
- Ownership of A/B testing design, performance tracking, and communication of test performance in determining the future of product success
- Knowledge sharing of best practices and supporting an open and communicative team environment
- Identify Data solutions and work alongside Game Development teams, QA, Art, Marketing, and Customer Service teams to determine technical feasibility and level-of-effort to implement
- Identify new tools/improved processes to aid the Analytics team for each game in delivering data more efficiently
- Communicate infrastructure changes to affected teams and ensure successful adaptation of those changes
- Identify areas of opportunity, build new KPI’s from analysis, and brainstorm creative solutions with the team
- Investigating any anomalies in daily KPI metric reporting
Education: Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Mathematics, Statistics or related PLUS two (2) years of relevant work experience.
Required Experience: 2+ years of professional experience in analytics, statistics or engineering
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Understanding of relational databases, AWS products preferable
- Other statistical analysis tools a plus (e.g. Minitab, SAS, R, etc.)
- General understanding of programming concepts and methodology a plus
- Clear and effective communication of complex ideas and analysis
- Self-motivated and accountable as to work with little to no direction
- Agile/Scrum software development experience is a plus
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving
- Microsoft Office, especially Excel, VBA, and PowerPoint
We are SciPlay! We make games!
The roots of our company are simple and strong: Our founder, fell head over heels for casino games and had a vision to create the most entertaining free-to-play casino games for gamers around the world. We’ve grown into a company that makes games we are truly proud of and that are enjoyed by millions of players every day. Our history is extensive, but we’re just getting started. In 1998, we got our start as Phantom EFX and in 2019, we reintroduced ourselves as SciPlay and went public on the Nasdaq.
At SciPlay, we are programmed to think untraditionally. From our yearly development conferences, shindigs, and new game launches, we believe in doing what you love and doing it well. We take great pride in our ability to create authentic experiences for players and we are excited to continue investing in our workforce, technology, and our data-driven approach, all with the mission of delighting our players long into the future. We believe that if we continue to stay passionate, set ambitious goals, live our values and play together, we will become the #1 social casino and casual gaming company in the world.
A few of our highlighted perks and benefits:
- Competitive salaries and annual bonuses alongside matching 401k and other competitive benefits.
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Fully stocked game room featuring current generation consoles and titles, ping pong tables, and arcade cabinets
SciPlay Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, SciPlay) are committed to creating a workforce of credibility and dependability. As a prerequisite to employment with SciPlay (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SciPlay conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you. This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above. SciPlay is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEOC Poster.