Lead Analyst-Data at Ascension
We are hiring a Lead Analyst on the Risk Adjustment and Provider Performance Analytics team to support Ascension's Population Health and Value Based Care Strategy. In this role, you will lead development of risk adjustment HCC models for Medicare, Commercial and ACA products. You will be expected to develop a deep understanding of the business and design advanced analytics products that support the objectives of our stakeholders.
What You Will Do
Lead reporting for data analysis teams and projects writing queries and functional reporting design documents.
- Write advanced SQL queries, use statistical programming languages, and develop complex visualizations to support advanced analytics across Ascension
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders on risk adjustment related analyses and audits and share knowledge on industry updates
- Lead development of HHS & CMS-HCC model in SQL to accurately calculate risk score and identify diagnosis coding opportunities
- Use EMR, adjudicated medical and pharmacy claims, health assessments and other data sources available to develop a suite of analytics that aligns with risk adjustment initiatives
- Coordinate across functional and data teams to ensure consistency and optimization of the overall work product. Suggest solutions, improvements, and efficiencies in data quality and management
- Stay abreast of upcoming industry changes to definitions. Communicate upcoming changes to appropriate individuals. Benchmark national best practices and make recommendations for change as appropriate
- Translate business requests into actionable reports
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 1 year of experience required.
- 4 years of experience preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree, Masters preferred in the area of Healthcare Data Science, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or other technical field that provides a solid basis for analytics
- 5 years of healthcare and/or healthcare analysis experience required
- Experience with Python and SQL required. Working knowledge of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) AI and ML tools a plus
- Proficiency with data extraction, manipulation, and interpretation using multiple data sources (EMR, claims, payer data)
- Business consultation experience required demonstrating communication and presentation skills
- Preferred - Experience with HEDIS/STARs/Quality and Risk Adjustment initiatives
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.