Lead Business Operations Analyst at BigCommerce
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
We are seeking a Lead Business Operations Analyst at our Austin Four Points Office. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and implementing integrated and automated Quote-to-cash (QTC) processes that span multiple business units including Finance, Accounting, IT, Business Development, Sales, and Marketing.
Working in close collaboration with other operations leaders, you will be tasked with critically examining existing processes and interfaces to enable efficiency and effectiveness between teams. Where processes do not exist your responsibility is to design, test, implement and drive adoption of stable processes that will allow for scalable growth. You will develop control points that monitor, detect and/or prevent compliance issues, potential failures, inefficiencies and waste.
A successful candidate will combine operational experience and business acumen with a determination to drive meaningful and impactful change.What You’ll Do:
- Conduct analysis to ensure that processes are consistent with their stated business goals and objectives
- Drive policies and procedures that support efficiency and scalability throughout the organization
- Ensure that compliance standards and regulations are understood and followed
- Ensure system integrity and security across the QTC process flow
- Improve and/or modify processes to increase productivity and drive revenue making opportunities
- Study and understand system capabilities and limitations and evaluating data
- Conduct audits and perform workflow system analysis
- Develop requirements and prepare system specifications
- Analyze alternative solutions and drive recommended solutions to completion
- Develop plans by identifying phases and elements, personnel requirements, and estimated and costs
- Verify results including performance
- Conducts training of operations personnel of existing/changed/new business processes by creating/updating documentation
- Write/Update workflow specifications
- Identify, validate and develop reporting requirements
- 8+ years operations experience, preferably at a SaaS, eCommerce or other subscription based company
- 3+ years business operations experience
- BS or BA in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Previous SAAS or ecommerce experience
- Familiar with Salesforce, Zuora, Marketo and web technologies
- Proven success with end-to-end process design; takes a holistic approach to analysis with an ability to see and how the parts the big picture instead of seeing in parts interrelate and work over time
- Advanced capacity for logical and analytical thought, explanation, and justification
- A problem solver with an uncanny ability to synthesize information and knowledge to achieve a solution
- Is self-aware of their impact on the team and others; demonstrates a "can-do" spirit, helps others deal with change and energizes them by clarifying the broader purpose and mission of their work, strives to go above and beyond while constantly seeks solutions
- Willingly adapts to shifting or competing priorities; advances problems toward resolution despite ambiguity or uncertainty, makes decisions and takes action without having the total picture and takes initiative to collaborate with other to accomplish goals
- Accomplish objectives by identifying, recommending, and solving information and processing problems
- Strong attention to detail with focus on accuracy
- Excellent communication skills with a creative outlook on how to get results
- Ability to partner and influence business leaders
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.