Lead Data Scientist at CrowdStrike
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About the Role
CrowdStrike’s Data Science team is expanding -- we are at the exciting intersection of Machine Learning, Big Data, and Security and are looking to add a lead data scientist specializing in machine learning to our growing team. You will have the opportunity to apply your coding, mathematical and scientific research skills to the bleeding edge of security technology. You’ll be able to leverage large-scale rich data to meaningfully improve our supervised learning models and refine our identification of malicious computer software and behavioral threats. CrowdStrike’s cybersecurity data is one-of-a-kind: we process over 400 billion behavioral events per day and have over 1800 terabytes of malware samples in our research repository. We are a diverse and multidisciplinary team, and you’ll have the chance to broaden your horizons by working jointly with a team of Big Data, Machine Learning, and Security domain experts on hard and impactful problems.
Preference for candidates in Los Angeles, California (El Segundo office)
What You’ll Need
- Undergraduate or post-graduate degree in a STEM field
- 8 Years of post-undergraduate experience in data science, machine learning, or any field employing computational science or data driven analyses
- Programming experience in Python, Rust, R MatLab or Scala to match (preference in that order)
- Mine large scale and high dimensional data, identify patterns, and visualize trends
- Create predictive models using supervised learning techniques to detect and stop the most sophisticated threats
- Innovate new semi-supervised and online learning techniques to enhance our threat detection capabilities and reduce nuisance false positives for our customers.
- Work closely with domain experts to improve our raw data and to derive more value from data collected
- Hone your ability to balance detail-oriented research with goal-oriented business objectives
- Implement and experiment with new algorithms and methodologies to help improve our machine learning models
- Automate and visualize analyses, results and processes in our machine learning pipeline
- Passionate about cybersecurity, with a firm understanding of the problem space
Passionate about applying your machine learning skillset to new domain areas such as cybersecurity
- Versed in utilizing Machine Learning techniques and familiar with the standard algorithms, their trade-offs, their usage, and how to tune them
- Have experience working on very large data sets of sparse high dimensional data and experience in pre-processing and analyzing such data to gain actionable insights
- An independent self-starter who likes to take ownership and independently seeks out new challenges
- Thirsty for knowledge and do not hesitate to step outside of your comfort zone to learn new technologies, algorithms and concepts
- Comfortable to dive into a Python codebase, including experience with unit testing and the python packaging ecosystem
- Comfortable and experienced working in a Linux environment in the AWS cloud
- Analytically minded: never afraid to drill down into a data-set, or debug-deeper into an unfamiliar codebase.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.