At Modernize Home Services (a QuinStreet vertical) our mission is to simplify home improvement by inspiring motivated homeowners and connecting them with qualified contractors. Our foundation is based on 10 years as a driving force as Home Improvement Leads in online lead generation – connecting homeowners with high–quality contractors – in the $300 billion annually grossing home improvement market. We’re working hard on a new brand and new products to cater to homeowners and the most successful contractors in the industry.
We’re looking for sharp, motivated individuals to join our growing team. Teammates who enjoy using technology to solve problems will thrive in our dynamic startup environment. We have an open floor plan that encourages the entire team to participate in critical discussions and allows everyone to be a vital contributing factor. You’ll enjoy our hip, newly renovated office in the heart of downtown with a view of the capitol and the downtown skyline.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: As a company, we’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and will continue to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
We are looking for an incredibly intelligent, inquisitive, and detail-oriented analyst with a strong analysis background to join our team, reporting to the Director of Marketing Strategy and Analytics, Home Services. In this role, you will be responsible for producing actionable intelligence for key stakeholders in support of incrementally improving Media Margin (Net Revenue – Media COGS), and producing living, repeatable models to maintain and grow the financial wellbeing of the vertical.
- Analyze key performance indicators: Revenue, COGS, Media Margin
- Build financial models and decision-making tools to extract actionable intelligence for key leaders on the media, client, and operations teams
- Identify opportunities for growing margin and improving vertical’s financial outlook
- Provide analysis and reporting for quarterly board presentations, weekly business reviews, forecasting and planning activities
- Analysis of monthly/quarterly trends and drivers, budget vs. actual
- Participate in the annual financial/operating planning process
- Collaborate with Accounting on the monthly close process including comparison of actual results to those forecasted/planned and identify any directional changes that may be necessary.
- Prepare flux analysis and provide detailed explanations of variances
- Independently perform ad hoc analysis and work on special projects for leadership team
- Assist with projects for the general ledger team on an as needed basis
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative major like Economics, Statistics, or related
- 1-2 years of experience in an analytics role
- Experience implementing analytical models such as right pricing, volume price mix, diminishing marginal returns, etc.
- Accomplished data miner
- Passion for a building a brand name that homeowners trust
- Inquisitive mindset that is willing to challenge status quo and various stakeholders
- Ability to digest disparate datasets and visualize key trends or takeaways from raw datasets
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to synthesize key takeaways and present data-proven results
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills including abnormality detection, predictive analysis, market segmentation, and competitive analysis.
- Must have experience with Excel, pivot tables and VLOOKUP
- Experience in using SQL and creating visualization solutions with enterprise datasets is required
- Experience in R, Python, and Tableau is a plus
QuinStreet is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristics protected by law.