Movoto Real Estate is the fastest growing top 5 residential real estate site used by 650,000 daily users looking to buy or sell their home. We are seeking a Principal Data Engineer, who has a passion for technology to help us add new exciting features to our extremely successful real estate platform.
The OJO Talent Acquisition team is on the search for a Principal Data Engineer for our residential search site, Movoto. Movoto + OJO brings scale, opportunities to solve unique problems, and the ability to drive significant outcomes for the organization. Thank you for your interest!
We are currently open to candidates out of California, Georgia, Illinois, Minnesota, New Jersey, North Carolina, Texas, and Washington.
What you'll do:
- Hire, lead and grow global Data Engineering team in realizing Movoto data architecture.
- Take hands on approach and lead design discussions and reviews.
- Partner with Product team in defining and executing on the vision, strategy and roadmap of managing MLS and other Property related data.
- Partner with the Analytics team in defining and executing on the vision, strategy and roadmap of Data Analytics solutions.
- Execute multiple projects by utilizing Agile SCRUM methodologies for continuous delivery.
- Engage with cross functional leaders to remove obstacles for their teams, deliver on stated goals and influence the way of working between teams.
- Provide technical leadership to a team of engineers located globally.
What we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 10+ years of overall professional experience is required.
- A Master's Degree is highly desirable.
- 5+ years of experience leading Data Engineers and 10+ years as Software or Data engineer
- Built development teams and led them toward a big vision and consistent execution through mentoring, coaching, retrospectives, and feedback loop.
- Proficiency in building and productionizing Data Pipelines using Python or Java or Scala is required
- Proficiency in building Data Warehouse and Dashboards is required
- Proficiency in building MLS and other Property Data Pipeline will be highly desirable.
- Prior experience in Cloud technologies, e.g. AWS is a must
- Experience working with Development & Integration partners and other vendors.
- Strong analytical abilities, growth/metrics orientation, and problem-solving acumen.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented approach to handling multiple projects under tight deadlines.
What does Movoto have to offer?
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits 100%/75% premium coverage for employees/dependents
- Basic & Supplemental Life Insurance, AD&D and Disability, FSA and Commuter Benefits
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave Benefits
- Competitive Salaries
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee Engagement Events
- PetPlan (10-15% off premiums)
- PerkSpot – exclusive corporate discounts
- Rocket Lawyer Legal Benefits and more
Movoto Real Estate was founded on a simple principle: Real estate should be easy.
This foundational idea continues to drive our mission every day, building cutting edge, optimized technology tools and connecting talented, customer-focused agents with motivated buyers and sellers. Today, we are the fastest-growing top five residential real estate site in the United States with nearly 26 million monthly visits. But we are more than a real estate brokerage and research site—we’re a technology company that is bringing real estate into the future with our end-to-end suite of proprietary tools for buyers, sellers, and agents.
In 2020, Movoto was acquired by OJO Labs, a leader in personalized, AI-enabled real estate tools. Combining OJO and Movoto’s deep commitment to creating end-to-end home-buying solutions, we continue to strive to become the most trusted real estate company in North America. Our real estate technology platform comprises the latest data-driven AI technology, client communication tools, marketing and transaction support, a real team of dedicated transaction coordinators, and an agent earnings structure that ensures our agents are successful and can focus on serving their clients.
Movoto is not only committed to making real estate accessible to a diverse community through technology, we strive to increase representation—across all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, sexual orientations, and physical or mental abilities—in our teams. We continue to promote an inclusive work environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work.
Together with OJO and our growing team, we have renewed our dedication to the mission that started it all: making real estate easy in this rapidly changing world.