Principal Data Warehouse Developer at Care.com
Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, team players, and big thinkers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI, and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you like having autonomy, if you thrive on collaboration and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, Care.com is the place for you.
What Your Days Will be Like:
The Senior Data Warehouse Developer will be part of our centralized data warehouse and analytics team at Care.com, which serves multiple departments and business units for their analytical needs. The Analytics team works closely with business and technical teams, overseeing data structures and quality while also ensuring that data is properly leveraged to inform business decisions.
The Senior Data Warehouse Developer will be building next-generation cloud-based data warehouse solutions in Snowflake, leveraging Kafka and AWS services in the ingestion pipeline, and using Apache Airflow for job scheduling.
The ideal candidate will have professional experience as a Senior Data Warehouse Developer at a top tier company. S/he will have an in-depth understanding of cloud-based data warehousing, demonstrate strong business judgment, and be able to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
What You'll Be Working On:
- Evaluate business requirements and translate them into working data model designs
- Design and implement objects such as database, schemas, tables, stages, and procedures in Snowflake and create load scripts to load data into Snowflake from Amazon S3
- Maintain and support ETL/ELT scripts that load data into Snowflake and Vertica data warehouses
- Ensure that data warehouse design is scalable and maintainable
- Incorporate best practices for security, performance, and data privacy in your development
- Demonstrate delivery skills including the ability to estimate development work and complete projects by delivery dates
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of hands-on experience as a developer in a data warehouse environment and at least 2+ years working in Snowflake
- In-depth experience creating objects and loading data in Snowflake using the AWS platform
- In-depth experience with scripting tools including shell scripting (Unix/Linux) and Python
- Experience writing scheduling procedures in Apache Airflow
- Experience using AWS and Amazon services such as S3, IAM, and Lambda
**Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.**
Available in more than 20 countries, Care.com is the world's leading platform for finding and managing high-quality family care. Care.com is designed to meet the evolving needs of today's families and caregivers, offering everything from household tax and payroll services and customized corporate benefits packages covering the care needs of working families, to innovating new ways for caregivers to be paid and obtain professional benefits. Since 2007, families have relied on Care.com's industry-leading products—from child and elder care to pet care and home care. Care.com is an IAC company (NASDAQ: IAC).