Security Incident Response Analyst at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it's necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Do you dream about Information Security? Want to battle cyber-criminals every day? Are you eager to contribute solutions to essential problems? Atlassian has an outstanding opportunity for you!
We're expanding our security operations capability and looking for intelligent and driven people to help us with monitoring and analytics systems. As a SIRT Analyst, you'll be monitoring our corporate environment and Atlassian cloud services for signs of compromise and responding to high-fidelity alerts. More than that, you'll be using cutting-edge security systems, providing feedback on newly developed automation, and crushing security problems you care about.
Creative engineering and development skills are welcomed, but not required. Atlassian takes an asymmetric approach to Security and what we crave in our analysts is self-motivation, independent thought, and a thirst for security. A good understanding of network, system and application security is a must.
Your day-to-day will include:
- Aggressively triaging security alerts
- Providing suggestions & feedback to enhance alert and detection coverage
- Helping to deliver work towards long-term goals and initiatives to support Atlassian's overall security posture
- Identifying attacks against Atlassian and our Customers
- Investigating signs of compromise using your knowledge of cyber attacks and data analysis skills
- Adapting to change and effectively organizing work according to business priorities
- Sharing your knowledge with the other members of the team
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Citizenship as well as current residence in the United States of America or its territories
- 3+ years experience working in a security field
- Relevant work experience in security and incident investigation
- Have experience in data analytics
- You can adjust to the unpredictable & changing work that exists in cybersecurity
- Enthusiasm and passion for Cyber Security
- Excellent English communication skills (written & spoken)
- The big requirement: Must be willing to work a shift schedule (including weekends, day, evenings, or night shifts - max 40-hours)
It's a plus, but not required if you have:
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud service platform
- Contributions to the security community or open-source projects
- Have Networking or Security certifications
More about our team
Atlassian is constantly seeking out analysts from an assortment of backgrounds. We need these analysts to be capable of leveraging a variety of skill sets to contribute not only to the overall health of our products but also to the capability and growth of our teams. Our team requires a thoughtful approach and a creative mindset; we don't just sit in front of a monitor clicking the same button over and over. You will be working with a crazy smart group of security engineers & analysts who are dedicated to improving the security of our products and engineering practices. We work both independently and in collaboration with development teams as we assess and respond to security issues that might occur with Atlassian's products and features.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world's best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .