Social Solutions provides a comprehensive and secure operations platform for social service organizations through its products, Apricot and ETO. Our goal is to provide the industry’s best technology and data solutions to measure and impact social change, enabling communities to drive greater impact together.
We are located in Canada, United States, Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom.
At Social Solutions, we are committed to our mission and values — creating opportunities for lasting positive impact. We strive to combine an impact-obsessed, inclusive culture with the ability to truly make the world a better place — every single day. When you work for Social Solutions, you’ll be working on software solutions that help make a real difference in the lives of people doing great work in communities all over the globe, while enjoying our company culture of innovation, collaboration, and commitment to community. If you’re inspired by the possibility of accelerating lasting social change through technology, then Social Solutions may be the place for you.
We are seeking a Senior Business Data Analyst (1 year contract) who wants to help deliver on our mission to be a key enabler of social impact for organizations working to improve the lives of individuals, families, and communities around the world.
What You’ll Do
As Senior Business Data Analyst, reporting to the Manager of Tailored Services, you will work with Social Solution’s clients and internal teams to develop common reporting data sets for our market sectors as well as custom client reports. You will tailor solutions to meet these needs, often working on multiple projects simultaneously - translating business process requests into workable solutions. In this role you will:
- Be the subject matter expert in the database schema.
- Query databases, creating custom views and functions to facilitate updating and designing reports and creating data visualizations and/or data exports in multiple formats.
- You gather and document requirements and provide informed quotes for estimated effort.
- You write SQL queries and create visual representations of data in third party tools such as Excel, Tableau, and XML.
- Familiarity with ETL processes using various data formats such as CSV, JSON and HL7.
- You lead customer meetings, communicating to both technical and non-technical personnel
- You build relationships and communicate with our customers regarding process and change requests, understanding the business issues and data challenges of their organization and industry.
- You liaise with project and business leaders to interpret analytical requirements.
- Document current and future standard operating procedures
This position is contract, full-time, and located in our Waterloo, Ontario headquarters.
Responsibilities & Requirements
Who You Are
- You possess at least five (5) years progressive experience in the field of reporting and data analysis.
- You are able to learn new applications swiftly, independently, and with confidence.
- You will use technical and analytical expertise and proven knowledge of specialized reporting tools to gather, examine, interpret, evaluate and report on data stored in various database structures.
- You have a breadth of knowledge and experience with relational databases, including modeling table relationships and writing and executing SQL queries to join, retrieve and analyze data from multiple database tables.
- You have exceptional interpersonal skills and outstanding written and verbal communication abilities.
- You are able to succeed in a dynamic, driven environment, trail-blazing creative solutions to complex challenges.
- You have experience creating dashboard reports in Tableau (a Tableau certification is preferred).
- You have expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel (macros, v-lookups and pivot tables).
- You have an Undergraduate University Degree or equivalent experience in Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science or Programming
- Experience in business analysis and project leadership experience an asset.
About Social Solutions Global
Why We’re Awesome
Recently named one of Built In Austin’s Best Places to Work for in Austin. At Social Solutions, we’re mission focused and results oriented! We’re a diverse team of innovators, creatives, and digital architects that come together to help organizations transform lives. Our clients affect countless lives every day. That’s why we go above and beyond to provide tools to get the job done. We help non-profits get to the heart of their data so they can maximize their efforts to be more impactful. In essence, we help those that are changing the world.
What You’ll Get
- Amazing coworkers
- Company sponsored events and happy hours
- Career advancement opportunities and more!
To ensure candidate and employee health, Social Solutions is conducting the interview process remotely via Zoom for the foreseeable future. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
In order fulfill Social Solutions’ mission to “help people transform lives,” we seek to build teams that leverage diverse perspectives to create an innovative and welcoming environment.
To that end, we make employment decisions based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Social Solutions does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.