Senior Compensation Analyst at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2021 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Senior Compensation Analyst to join our Total Rewards team and play a large role in our compensation strategy to help us attract and retain top talent globally. You’ll be instrumental in helping BigCommerce continue to scale effectively while working closely with the People, Finance and various cross-functional teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead compensation assessments associated with new position requests, pay adjustments and promotions by leveraging benchmark, incumbent and internal salary structure to provide solid recommendations for compensation and FLSA exemption status.
- Develop plans to analyze datasets using statistical methods, and carry out these analyses to inform compensation recommendations.
- Support international offices by evaluating local market trends and compensation markets.
- Assist with M&A activities; including job mapping, plan evaluation, and process consolidation.
- Build and evolve our compensation programs and support related communication efforts and materials.
- Contributes to the design, development, and implementation of compensation communication and training materials; delivers and facilitates compensation-related training and development programs as needed.
- Research and analyze global market data, salary surveys, and local compensation trends to drive international programs and apply applicable knowledge to improve practices.
- Provide consultation to the People People team, managers, and executives on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation, and job evaluation.
- Work with external consultants for benchmarking, ad hoc compensation projects, and to stay up to date on industry trends and norms.
- Provide subject-matter expertise on topics related to compensation.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of compensation related experience.
- 3+ years of global compensation experience preferred, 1+ years required.
- BA/BS degree with an emphasis on work of a quantitative nature, or related practical experience.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or in process of obtaining.
- Significant experience with large compensation market survey providers.
- Strong knowledge of international compensation practices.
- Advanced Excel skills and proven ability to build and maintain complex models (such as compensation cost models).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to translate quantitative insights to non-quantitative audiences.