Senior Data Engineer, Data Platform Analytics I Red Platform at Red Ventures
We are looking to hire a Senior Data Engineer to join our Red Platform Data Analytics team. You will take responsibility for performing hands-on work required to integrate data sources across various enterprise systems and beyond into a unified data platform that allows for robust analytics, data science and day to day business reporting. This process involves translating business use cases into data solutions through a thorough understanding of source system nuances required for a timely implementation. The role will also work in conjunction with analytics teammates to lay the required data foundations to understand the business context of data assets, and to actively maintain and improve upon the team's portfolio of value-add logic/code. Additionally, the role will work with various functional units to ensure solutions are successfully deployed, operationalized, and maintained.
What You’ll Do
- Iterate- Red tape doesn’t get in our way. We believe that "Speed Trumps Perfection" so we test and deploy daily.
- Autonomy– Aspiring entrepreneurs succeed here because you will have full-ownership over your work from beginning to end.
- Collaborate– Better than making the dream work, teamwork makes the code work. Through open work-space, Zoom, Slack and peer reviews, our teams work together to build amazing solutions.
- Innovate – With the belief that “Everything is Written in Pencil”, we encourage our teams to test new frameworks, learn new languages and challenge the “status quo” to make us better.
Tactically, a typical project may have components like these:
- Work with a cross functional team of business analysts, architects, engineers, data analysts and data scientists to formulate both business and technical requirements.
- Architect, Model, Design and build data pipelines from various data sources to a target data warehouse using batch data load strategies utilizing cutting edge cloud technologies.
- Conceptualizing and generating infrastructure that allows data to be accessed and analyzed effectively.
- Documenting database designs that include data models, metadata, ETL specifications and process flows for business data project integrations.
- Perform periodic code reviews and test plans to ensure data quality and integrity.
- Mentor other engineers with-in and outside of the team.
What We Are Looking For:
- 8+ years of Data Engineering experience
- Experience working on Spark (RDDs/Data Frames/Dataset API) using Scala (or any functional programming languages) to build and maintain complex ETL pipelines.
- Experience in the data warehouse space working with AWS Redshift (preferable) or any MPP Database systems (Eg: Google BigQuery, Azure Synapse, Teradata, Oracle Exadata or IBM Netezza)
- Experience working on AWS (S3, IAM, EMR, and RedShift) or any cloud (GCP or Azure) experience.
- Experience with Apache Airflow ( or similar orchestration), Databricks or EMR is desirable.
- Experience with data modeling (dimensional and flat reporting) for complex data warehouse and data lake systems.
- Experience in building a Data Lake and Go programming is an added advantage.
- Excellent understanding of development processes and agile methodologies.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal skills, Enthusiastic, highly motivated and ability to learn quickly.
- Able to work through ambiguity in a fast-paced, dynamically changing business environment.
Who We Are:
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]