Senior Data Engineer
Are you looking to have an influence and lay the foundation of our data solutions? This is your opportunity to be a key member of our Product Team which is just beginning to harness the power of data. AffiniPay’s Senior Data Engineer will play a critical role at the company by architecting and developing data warehouse models and solutions, helping to provide key insights on how our products and customers perform. As a Senior Data Engineer, you will build and support our data warehouse that consume data from multiple different sources, and transform it into valuable and insightful information. You will focus on designing, implementing, and supporting new and existing data solutions to support our data team with various advanced analytical needs.
You should excel in the design, creation, management, and business use of large, complex datasets. You should have excellent business and communication skills to work with data analysts to determine how best to design the data warehouse for reporting and analytics. You will be responsible for designing and implementing scalable ETL processes to support the rapidly growing and dynamic business demand and use it to deliver the data as a service. You should have the ability to develop and tune SQL to provide optimized solutions to the business.
- Provide technical and thought leadership around data engineering and the evolution to mature access to data
- Work in close collaboration with product management and data analysts to clarify requirements and translate them into robust, scalable, operable data architecture
- Model data and metadata to support ad-hoc and pre-built reporting facilitating data access for our BI tools and analytical reporting
- Develop and optimize ETL processes
- Optimize the performance of business-critical queries
- Design, implement and support a platform that can provide ad-hoc access to large datasets
- Define and model data architecture for AffiniPay’s data warehouse
- 5+ years of experience with data engineering
- Experience in columnar databases such as Amazon Redshift
- Expert level SQL skills with the ability to write good, clean code in at least one data ingestion language such as Python
- Experience in data ingestions language tools such as Python
- Experience building Data warehouse models and implement complex data views with scalable architectures and large data processing to support business intelligence and analytical reporting
- Experience in database design and architectural principles and methodologies
- Experience with data modeling tools such as ERStudio, PowerDesigner, Erwin etc.
- Experience with data modeling standardization, root cause analysis, performance tuning and optimization techniques
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a cross-functional team
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working with large-scale data repositories like data lakes or dimensional data warehouse
- Experience with real-time data pipelines including Kafka
- Experience with distributed systems & microservices
- Experience with leading an early data culture to mature.
At AffiniPay, we’re continuously tackling exciting and interesting problems to define the direction of the financial technology industry and transform the way professionals get paid! Our drive to become leaders in fintech has fostered our fast-moving, growth-focused culture. We’ve assembled teams of highly collaborative problem solvers who are passionate about both personal and company growth. We are eager to create, work together, and do whatever it takes to get the job done. We also know that our people are our greatest asset and responsible for our ultimate success. As such, we invest in our team-members’ growth and development, recognize accomplishments, and celebrate successes together. We’re building a winning team, and we need more creative, collaborative, and fun-loving people to help us get the job done!
Affini-Perks! We've got you covered... Competitive compensation structure
401K with automatic 5% company contribution
100% paid medical, dental, and vision benefit plans
100% Company paid short- and long-term disability and life insurance
Competitive PTO plan
Paid maternity/paternity leave
Fun destination quarterly meetings
AffiniPay Swag Package
Company lunches and fully stocked kitchen
All the benefits of a startup culture without the downsides
The chance to get in on the ground floor of one of Austin's fastest growing companies!
AffiniPay is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.