Senior Data Engineer at Coder
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:01 p.m. (CST) on Friday, August 7, 2020
Coder is looking for a Sr Data Engineer who can provide a vertical bridge through the business to communicate information of high value to support decision making demands. This position is for someone who enjoys problem solving through mining data, and then turning that information into knowledge that supports and enables key business processes. The Data Engineer will need to possess a high level of agility to inform as well as respond to changing business needs. This role reports directly to our CTO.
A little about us: We are a series B startup located in the heart of downtown Austin, TX. Our product is helping thousands of engineers accelerate their workflow by using developer tools to spin up their environments in minutes, while helping companies have complete control of their development teams and code base.
- Create business-oriented dashboards based on warehouse data
- Enrich data as it flows through our system
- Ensure key business decisions are made with awareness of market data
- Ensure data is collected and stored through product, marketing, and sales workflows
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- SQL Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in either Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or related
- At least 2 years of data engineering experience
- At least 2 years of software engineering experience
What Makes Coder Different?
Coder is an engineering-first organization. Our product is built by engineers, for engineers. We’re committed to building an organization and product optimized for engineering happiness. You can expect a fast-paced workflow and minimal meetings.
Our basic requirements for employment are:
- A passion for your craft
- A desire to be successful
Humanity is the ability to make your peers and partners happy to work with you. This includes being social and open with your coworkers and building deep trusts. In a remote company you don't get this for free, you have to intentionally work for it.
Efficiency is the tendency to optimize your time:output. It is linked with workflow-obsession and maximal utilization of tools.
Feedback is the tendency to seek external validation. That means measuring over assuming. This is linked with reduced cycle times and iterative approaches.
Read Full Job Description