Senior Data Scientist, Marketing Analytics at Realtor.com (Austin, TX)
At Realtor.com, we place data science and analytics at the center of our marketing strategy. Our marketing analytics team of 15 delivers systematic insights about investments in TV, Google, Facebook, and Instagram. Work with ad partners and website data to measure the impact of our advertising.
What will you do?
- Be the analytics leader partnered with marketers to make multi-million marketing investments.
- Google, Facebook, and other ad partners serve us. We are a top 1% spend VIP customer with direct access to their client and data science teams. Learn from these tech companies, and translate the latest insights to improve Realtor.com.
- Analyze terabytes of website and ad partner data sets with SQL and Python/R. Identify and automate strategies to drive higher returns for the business
- Design smart and statistically significant tests to determine best-in-class media strategies
- Thoughtfully design metrics and dashboards with rules based attribution for daily optimization. The goal is an operational approximation of incremental value estimated from experiments.
- Communicate results to marketing managers and other data scientists
- This is a priority hire with active interviews and compensation reflecting the impact. Remote role
What will you bring?
- Bachelor, Masters, or PhD. Examples include business analytics, statistics, mathematics, finance, economics, engineering, and computer science
- 2-3 years of experience in a Data Scientist, Data Analyst, Data Engineer or similar role. Demonstrated lead role in multiple high priority analytics projects.
- Ability to formulate business problems into scoped data projects.
- Experience providing technical mentorship to junior and senior analysts. Set the technical norms of the team such as reviewing pull requests and influencing technical standards.
- Technically proficient in SQL, Python/R. We don’t expect data engineer quality, but we need to create analysis scripts and direct data engineering resources.
- Marketing or business experience
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and interest in solving problems, particularly using data to help answer nebulous questions
- Able to communicate results to a non-technical audience. Coach other data scientists on delivering effective presentations.
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.