realtor.com is a leading destination used by millions of consumers to discover and create their perfect home. We have the most comprehensive and accurate coverage of real estate listings, the most engaged users across all real estate online portals, and top rated mobile applications at the cutting edge of the mobile revolution.
Our exciting vision is to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone. The technology team at realtor.com supports achievement of this vision through the research and development of scalable applications. The team also identifies new technologies and trends and how they can enhance our products and business. Our consumers and customers are always pushing us to innovate and grow, so come and help us push the boundaries of what's possible! Work and learn from the world-class talent that promotes a culture of experimentation and learning.
We have an exciting and unique opportunity for a skilled, highly motivated, and self-driven Senior Manager of Engineering to lead our Microservices and Security software engineering teams. The charters for these teams are crucial to our overall business strategy.
The Senior Software Engineering Manager is a key technical influencer and contributor through all stages of the software development lifecycle. You will be able to make an impact, leveraging your highly developed leadership and collaboration abilities to execute on broad cross-organization initiatives. You will be a partner in designing and delivering industry-leading solutions.
What will you do?
* Proven track record for attracting, hiring and maintaining top talent who deliver results that measurably improve the security of our websites and services.
* Demonstrated experience as a leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and effectively influence across teams
* Work with teams to prioritize projects within the application micro-service and security space, with a specific focus on finding and fixing the worst security flaws in the most places.
* Create tools, services, and evangelize best practices for developers and teams frictionlessly discover and address security vulnerabilities
* Collaborate with teams across realtor.com to help perform and validate root cause analysis of failures, and understand different technology stacks
* Track security area metrics and external cases through security incident management process
* Create and represent plans to management for driving microservice tech and security improvements across realtor.com’s websites and services, in partnership with News Corporation security teams
* Train security champions to recognize bad patterns, and innovate ways for developers to learn to identify bad security practices
* Empower and guide your teams to rapidly deliver value to our consumers and customers through Agile incremental implementation with high quality
* Drive sound decision-making processes to ensure the right technology choices are made for implementing solutions; conduct alternative analysis for technology selection or build vs buy decisions and present to stakeholders
* Construct and maintain an environment and culture of integrity, trust, feedback, and continuous improvement
* Motivate the team and enthusiastically rally them around delivering against a wide variety of organizational initiatives
What will you bring?
* Minimum 3-5 years experience in leading software engineering teams in a technology organization
* Demonstrated experience with application security assessment/penetration testing
* Experience running application security or microservice programs
* A strong results and outcome-driven focus, understanding the value derived from rapidly shipping code and learning/iterating on the results
* A strong ability to coach and mentor engineers, helping them develop their skills and advance their careers
* Experience with designing and developing complex, robust, and highly scalable production services and applications using modern frameworks, tools, and systems
* Experience with cloud-based architectures, development, and deployment
* Strong empathy for our customers and a passion for exceeding their expectations, always!
* A passion for learning, continuous improvement, sharing, and working in a team environment
* A Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.