Senior Forecasting Decision Scientist at Atlassian
We are looking for a top-tier data scientist to join our Decision Sciences team as a Senior Forecasting Decision Scientist. As a member of the decision science team, you'll be providing the models and insights that empower teams across our business to learn quickly and make smart investments. Atlassian is experiencing rapid growth, so there are plentiful chances to create an impact in this role.
You are passionate about bringing structure to complex business problems. Your models will create powerful feedback loops between incoming data and decision-makers. Working alongside data engineers, data scientists, and product leaders, you'll be monitoring business performance and translating insight into improved business forecasts. You've got demonstrable experience with building and deploying predictive models and a proven track record of fostering strong and trusted relationships with stakeholders, with whom you turn data into action.
On your first day, we expect you to have:
- 5+ years of relevant experience using data to build software at industry-leading companies
- Expertise in SQL and one of Python or R
- 3+ years of applying statistical and econometric methods that uncover actionable insights, estimate causal relationships or derive predictions.
- Demonstrable experience in deploying production-grade predictive models in close collaboration with engineering teams, product leaders and business stakeholders.
- Excellent communication to garner trust and bring forecasts close to product drivers
- Ability to turn complex findings and results into a compelling narrative and a set of actions
- Strong sense of accountability, self-drive, and the ability to function independently
- Passionate about products, and about analytics as a craft
- Undergraduate in a technical subject from a top school
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Exposure to advanced statistical or econometric techniques (e.g. survival analysis, vector autoregression, general linear models, Markov models and panel data methods)
- Experience in both enterprise (or B2B) as well as consumer (or B2C) environments
- Track record of presenting at meet-ups and conferences
- MS, MBA or PhD degree in a relevant topic
More about our team
The Decision Sciences team at Atlassian is tasked to scale analytics across our business. We seek to provide the right metrics, reports, data models, and forecasts that enable Atlassian to grow intelligently. We partner with Marketing Analytics, Product Analytics, and Data Science to provide a holistic view of users across our entire funnel. We are a highly collaborative team with a high bar of rigorous analyses, and we love to have fun along the way.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.