Confluence Cloud enables teams to build, organize, and collaborate on work in one place from virtually anywhere. It is a team workspace where knowledge and collaboration meet. We are on a journey to offer more insights and anticipate users' needs to improve users' lives and how they get work done. For that, we are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer or Data Scientist to join our Confluence Cloud Insights team based in Mountain View, CA.
In this role, you'll get to
- Work with large datasets of behavioral and textual data
- Build, test, and improve ML models from idea through the roll-out
- Deliver significant business impact for our customers
- Help us understand and improve customer experiences using advanced text analytics and machine learning models.
- Gain exposure to unique challenges within the SaaS Enterprise domain
On your first day, we will expect you to have:
- Bachelor or higher degree, or its equivalent, in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of related industry experience in the data science domain
- Proficiency in Python and Java languages
- Proficiency with industry-standard data science frameworks or libraries (e.g. Spark, pandas, scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, SpaCy, etc.)
- Proven track record of delivering quality data analysis, model building, and delivering customer impact with a machine learning solution
- Excellent communication skills in written and verbal forms, and an ability to communicate complex technical issues to a range of technical and non-technical audiences (management, peers, clients)
- Passion to solve complex problems and keep users in mind
- Passion for learning and always improving yourself and the team around you
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Peer-reviewed scientific paper or delivered talk at a relevant conference
- Development experience with search, e.g., using Elasticsearch
- Development experience with big data systems and interfaces, e.g., Databricks
- Development experience with AWS services
- Development experience with large-scale distributed systems
- Practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies (e.g., Scrum)
We are always growing, learning, and adapting, in and out of the office. You'll be joining a team that is highly engaged and direct. We help each other to constantly improve our work and reach our potential. We're dedicated to being agile, which means we're constantly learning about our users' experience and iterating as much as necessary to improve it. We also know all too well the importance of validating assumptions about users and use various types of testing to ensure we're right (or discover where we're wrong). It's all about improving our user's experience no matter who or where it is.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .