Do you get excited by the challenge of scaling a fast-growing company through strong analytics insight and data science solutions? Do you find it rewarding to navigate through complexity and solve problems nobody had solutions before? Are you enthusiastic about experimentation, fast learning and innovation?
We're looking for a senior leader to grow a high-performing Workforce Analytics team with a passion to solve business problems with advanced analytics. You and your team will be the strategic partners with senior business leaders, identify opportunities and problems, test and measure hypotheses, build analytics and data science solution, and surface insights to drive transformative changes.
More about you
The perfect candidate will be a seasoned people leader with a background in applied statistics, economics or a related quantitative field. You have strong business acumen, you are comfortable with ambiguity and complexity, and you have experience working with senior leaders and cross functional teams. You are a self-starter, a strategic thinker, a data-driven problem solver, and a humble learner. You have demonstrated success in using data science to drive understanding, progression, and decision making for large organizations. You have domain knowledge in workforce analytics and people analytics.
In this role you will get to:
- Hire, lead, and grow a team of data scientists with great technical skills, business acumen, and value fit
- Partner with senior leaders to identify business opportunities and build KPIs
- Partner with cross-functional teams (program management, workforce planning team, etc) to drive transformative initiatives and make impact
- Be the thought leader to build analytics strategy, provide transparency of roadmap, and drive sprint planning
- Build shared vision, empower a team of missionaries, and deliver high quality outcome
- Drive actionable analytics insights, build data science solutions, and measure impact
- Manage roadmapping, sprint planning, stakeholder engagement, and remove blockers when needed
- Be a great communicator to share complexed ideas simple, advocate team's work and coach data storytelling
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 8+ years experience as a people leader with proven success
- 15+ years experience in analytics and data science field
- Success at hiring, managing, and growing a global team remotely
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking - when there is complexity and ambiguity, you can help your team identify the right problem to solve
- Success at building a culture of data-informed decision making, fast learning and innovation
- Strong communication skills to tell data stories to non-technical audience
- Strong technical background in statistics, measurement, experimentation, modeling, SQL, R/Python, data instrumentation
- Experience applying advanced analytics knowledge to the real world
- Roadmap planning, sprint planning, and project management skills
- You have domain knowledge in workforce analytics and people analytics
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Experience in B2B, customer support, customer success
- Experience in product analytics, people analytics
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop)
- Experience in using Jira, Team Central, Confluence to manage and share team's work
More about our team
We are a growing analytics and project delivery team located in multiple regions across the globe. We challenge each other constantly to improve our work and ask hard questions. We're direct, focused, and demand excellence, but there's laughter in every meeting because we thoroughly enjoy the work we do and the impact it has. We're constantly growing, learning, adapting, and trying new things. BBQ, tacos, and coffee are a few of our favorite things.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .