Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning at realtor.com
At realtor.com, we process terabytes of data every day, and transform that data into information that powers decisions for millions of home buyers, renters, dreamers, and real estate professionals. We aim to radically simplify home buying/selling and help more people achieve the American dream on our realtor.com website and mobile apps. You’ll engage with some of the best and the brightest co-workers and leaders, learn and contribute, and have a great time. We work hard, play hard, and recognize achievement – rewarding passion for innovation, creativity, and quality. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic, cutting-edge work environment and desire to make a meaningful contribution to the business, then make the move!
What will you do?
- Collaborate closely with data scientists, product managers and other cross-functional teams.
- Build end-points, pipelines and supporting infrastructure to productionize Machine Learning (ML) models.
- ML Ops (monitor inference performance, scalability, availability etc).
- Take on complex problems, learn quickly, iterate, and persist towards good scalable, production grade solutions.
- Coach, mentor, and guide junior team members to deliver the best solution
- Investigate and prototype technologies that can be leveraged to introduce new innovations in meeting business and customer goals
- Review and provide feedback on process improvement initiatives that are designed to improve quality and timeliness of deliverables with high predictability
- Work collaboratively in an Agile/Scrum team to plan and execute at high velocity, and across teams throughout the organization to reuse existing components and architect shared functionality
What will you bring?
- BS/MS in engineering or computer science with 3+ years of working on complex, scalable backend systems
- 2+ years of industry experience deploying Machine Learning models to production at scale
- Proficient in Python, and Node.js
- Experience working with public cloud stack preferably in AWS
- Experience with the following services in AWS or their equivalent in other cloud environments - S3, EC2, ECS, Lambda, SQS, SNS, Kinesis, MongoDB, and DynamoDB
- Experience with Docker and Containerization
- Knowledgeable of core CS concepts such as: structured and unstructured data, data management and querying, common data structures and algorithms
- Strong communication, analytical, and people skills
- Prior experience of working with Data Scientists on Machine Learning projects
- Experience with GraphQL, API Gateway, Microservices is a plus
- Experience with Java and Spark is a plus
- Experience with ML platforms is a plus
- Experience with these AWS services (Athena, Glue, SageMaker) is a plus
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees that work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, 70 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices across Canada and the US and lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make home buying and selling easier, and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.#LI-DW1