Senior / Staff Data Analyst, Generalist at Realtor.com
We have the most comprehensive and accurate coverage of real estate listings and the most engaged users across all the online real estate portals. Our mission is to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
The Data Analytics team at realtor.com sits at the heart of this mission. We process and analyze terabytes of data everyday that enable decisions for millions of home buyers, sellers, renters, dreamers, and real estate professionals. Our goal is to use this data to make the home buying experience a breeze for our consumers. We empower them with the most up-to-date information on properties, help them find their dream homes in the least amount of time, and match them with the most suitable realtor to meet their unique, individual needs.
The Role: We’re looking for the best data and analytical minds to help lead a variety of our biggest efforts. Real estate is the largest asset class in the world and we have the best data and visibility into that market. As a senior member of the Data Analytics team, not only will you be building sophisticated tools, insights, and models, but also you will be a strategic member of our decision making teams in product, marketing, valuation/pricing, special projects, and more. Therefore, we want the hands-on executors/do-ers/owners who also possess the strategic, business oriented mindset. As such, you will also serve as a mentor for the junior members on the team and provide guidance on their projects.
- Transform data into action by steering a cross-functional group of Data Analysts, Business Leaders, Product Managers, and Engineers on data visualization, quantitative analysis, and data modeling initiatives.
- Be the primary point of contact for the business stakeholders supported by your team: meeting with them, understanding their requirements, and using your analytical mindset to direct the implementation of solutions ranging from process improvements to dashboards.
- Own the development and execution of your team’s roadmap, including end-to-end project management
- Collaborate with people managers and other leaders in the data organization to enable the members of your squad to have the greatest possible impact on business outcomes
- Contribute and grow the culture of excellence on our team by bringing processes and best practices to our group.
- Graduate degree in a quantitative field is highly desired (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Engineering, Economics, Econometrics)
- Proven experience managing cross-functional data and technical projects with multiple contributors 5+ years of experience in a Data Scientist, Data Analyst, Business Analyst or similar role using SQL and/or Python/R
- Experience as a “data generalist” highly preferred.
- The best candidates have some experience with data visualization; analytics/data engineering and data modeling; and statistical modeling and other quantitative analytical methods
- Next-level communication skills to understand and discover business pain points and build solutions
- SQL fluency with experience using a scripting language like Python or R.
- Strong Excel fundamentals a plus
- Experience building dashboards - you know the trade-offs and impacts of using one metric versus another
- Exceptional candidates will possess foundational data engineering skills (building ETL jobs, standing up data warehouses, choosing and implementing third-party analytics tools)
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.