We are hiring a full-time Sr. Data Scientist to jointhe Ascension Data Science Institute (ADSI).
What You Will Do
Iteratively prototype and build machine learning pipelines at scale to provide data-driven insights. Develop comprehensive knowledge of data structures, metrics, and advocate for improvements where needed for product development.
- Develop advanced end-to-end ML models for different use cases: tabular data, images, video, speech, unstructured text.
- Leads discussions with project stakeholders, senior management, and the user community, to collaboratively define project scope and capabilities in accordance with data science best practices and organizational needs. Clearly communicates technical knowledge and provides training in a client-facing technical consulting role.
- Enhance, harmonize, and transform data from large relational databases to support ML projects (e.g. SQL, R, Python).
- Create and manage a machine learning pipeline that ingests data, performs sophisticated feature engineering, and deploys a scalable and repeatable solution using serverless cloud ML tools. Architect, optimize, and deploy production ML systems on the cloud (e.g., AWS, GCP).
- Demonstrate leadership in a rapidly evolving environment. Proactively navigate ambiguity and technological hurdles to deliver state-of-the-art cloud data science solutions to healthcare problems.
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in a specialty field.
- 1 year of experience required.
- 4 years of experience preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other quantitative field; with some evidence of ML related work.
- Proficiency in one or more SQL database technologies such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL, etc.
- Experience experimenting, evaluating, tracking performance, and deploying production Machine Learning (ML) models with: TensorFlow, XGBoost, Spark ML, or Scikit Learn.
- 5 years of coding experience in one or more of the following languages: R or Python. Comfortable using Github for version control of code.
- Experience working with production ML systems in the cloud (e.g. AWS, GCP). GCP preferred.
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.