OJO envisions a world where everyone has what they need to own a home. We know that homeownership is one of life’s most complex decisions and access to trusted advice and expertise can be the difference-maker. Through the fusion of machine intelligence and human expertise, we meet people wherever they are in their home journey to provide deeply personalized guidance and support.
Our intuitive technology learns each individual’s needs and preferences to provide a tailored experience whether they’re buying, selling, or managing their home as an asset. We then help them to move forward when the time’s right — with support, knowledge, and confidence.
From our network of top-rated agents we’ll match homebuyers and sellers with the expert who can best support their specific journey. We introduce agents and loan officers to consumers at just the right time, and underpin the connection with tools and insights to ensure a best-in-class experience.
As part of our team, you’ll help create the experiences that help level the playing field in real estate, so that all people — regardless of race, class, or gender — can experience the gateway to wealth and the security that home provides.
About the Analytics Team
The Analytics team is a small but rapidly growing, high-impact team at OJO. Our vision is to 1) help drive business value and growth through strategic deep-dive analysis aimed at performance improvement in every function of our company, and 2) democratize the use of data and steward building a data-driven decision culture. Every member on the team strives to have deep subject matter expertise on their relevant domains and has the freedom, opportunity, and responsibility to own and manage the codebases for their domains in our data warehouse and BI platform (Looker). There is always important, challenging, and exciting work to accomplish in an incredibly fast-paced and innovative environment!
About this Role
This is an opportunity to join the team and add tremendous value to our company in a key player/coach role. You will be able to manage and grow a key team function as well as have a platform to drive positive change across the company, test new ideas, and challenge and grow your own skills.
What You Will Be Doing
- Help hire, manage, and nurture a growing team of exceptional analysts
- Become a subject matter expert, initially focusing on either our lead acquisition portal Movoto.com, markets scaling, or real estate agent network management domains and drive optimization and strategic decisions through deep analysis and insights, and close stakeholder engagement
- Grow to be a key advisor to the Executive Leadership Team
- Help establish and upkeep best-in-class practices and technical standards for analytical processes and solution development, deployment and management
- Help build a data-centric culture and be an internal champion for analytics and data literacy throughout the organization
- Research new methodologies, concepts and industry trends to guide the creation and adoption of new analytical approaches and technology
What We Need from You
- 8+ years of experience in an analytical function with 4+ years of experience leading analytical teams
- Exceptional analytical ability, conceptual thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong track record of developing, motivating, and inspiring analytical teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to distill complex data sets into actionable insights
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the proven ability to collaborate across functional areas to define, prioritize and implement analytics efforts
- Advanced SQL knowledge
- Experience using modern data analysis tools and languages (Python, R, SAS, etc.)
- Experience with modern visualization tools (Looker, Tableau, Mode, MixPanel, etc.)
- Experience with Data Warehousing concepts, ETL processes, and Tools
Bonus Points for
- Experience with AWS is a plus
- Real estate industry experience is a plus
- Hands-On experience developing and working with Looker Business Intelligence Platform
What do we have to offer?
● You get to work with the best of the best
● A collaborative, respectful environment where your voice will always be heard
● Competitive Salaries
● Unlimited/Open PTO Policy
● Dog-Friendly Workplace
● Commuter Stipend or Free Parking
● Optimum Workspace Subsidy
● 70% Coverage of Employee and Dependent Health Premiums
● Promote from Within Philosophy
● Volunteer Program
● Many More – We have a whole team dedicated to making OJO an awesome place to work!
With offices all over the world, our award-winning work environments blend meaningful impact and employee satisfaction. We have offices in Austin, Texas; Minneapolis, Minnesota; San Mateo, California; Chicago, Illinois; Toronto, Ontario; and Vieux Fort, St. Lucia.
OJO has received multiple workplace awards, including Fortune Best Workplaces in Technology, Inc. Best Workplaces, and Austin Business Journal’s Best Places to Work. Every person at OJO has a significant impact on our evolving product, team, and culture, which is why we hire the best technical, creative, and operational minds.
Virtual Life at OJO
At OJO, we care and listen deeply to the needs of our team to ensure they are comfortable and have the necessary tools to be productive while working from home during the pandemic. We strive to allow a balance and separation between home and work life, and provide support and a flexible working schedule so that employees are able to focus on what’s important to them. The leadership team at OJO has decided that we will work from home through September 2021, and will continue to monitor and respond to COVID-19 proactively.
OJO is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.