Named one of Austin’s fastest-growing companies and one of the best places to work, Q2 offers our employees a culture fueled by engaged, motivated, and dedicated team members. We’re dedicated to our mission: to strengthen communities by strengthening the financial institutions that serve them. We do it with our purpose-driven culture, and by helping banks and credit unions stand apart in their communities. We have an immediate need for a Sr. Open Source Database Administrator (DBA).
- Design and implement effective database solutions and models to store and retrieve company data.
- Examine and identify database structural necessities by evaluating client operations, applications, and programming.
- Assess database implementation procedures to ensure they comply with internal and external regulations.
- Install and organize information systems to guarantee company functionality.
- Prepare accurate database design and architecture reports for management and executive teams.
- Monitor the system performance by performing regular tests, troubleshooting and integrating new features.
- Recommend solutions to improve new and existing database systems.
- Educate staff members through training and individual support.
- Offer support by responding to system problems in a timely manner.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- 8+ years’ experience as a DBA of Postgres, MySQL/Maria in a 24/7 production environment including backup recovery, replication, high availability, monitoring diagnosing and optimizing database performance
- Ability to detect and troubleshoot database-related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space, and other resource contention issues
- Expert knowledge of AWS Cloud
- Expert knowledge of Linux
- Expert knowledge of automation languages, preferably Ansible & Terraform
- Must be able to exercise judgment within defined procedures to determine appropriate action
- Must have strong organizational and multi-tasking skills to prioritize workload in a fast paced environment
- Familiarity with Agile Development Practices
- Knowledge of high availability, disaster recovery and replication solutions and best practices
- Knowledge of Cassandra and MongoDB a strong plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Certifications or an interest in pursuing certification is a plus