Sr. Payroll Specialist at Realtor.com
Realtor.com's Accounting team has a full-time opportunity for a Sr. Payroll Analyst in Westlake Village, CA, Austin, TX, or Scottsdale, AZ.
• Updates payroll records by approving self-service changes (i.e. employee address, exemptions, and direct deposit) through work flow. Maintains and updates employee payroll records for deductions, taxes, garnishments, 401k, etc.
• Pull hours, enters and validates necessary data per assigned pay group each Bi-weekly payroll for final approval with speed and accuracy.
• Balance Bi-weekly reconciliation payroll worksheet.
• Prepares various reports and queries for internal business partners that are used for month end, quarter end and year-end reporting.
• Responsible for processing commissions and incentives within payroll, as well as processing stock payrolls, bonuses and off-cycle paychecks. Also, processes special payments/adjustments.
• Building and running payroll and time and attendance reports.
• Works with payroll provider to set-up, disburse and report employees authorized and/or legally mandated wage garnishments. • Is responsible for monitoring both the US and Canada payroll helpdesk and assisting employees by responding to questions and requests.
• Assists in providing legal request information and other payroll-related inquiries such as government notices and wage orders.
• Works with HR and Benefits personnel to resolve issues related to onboarding new employees and process employee terminations.
• Interprets company policy in processing payroll-related transactions.
• Assists end users by answering questions and requests.
• Performs other duties as necessary.
• Position will report to the Payroll Supervisor
Experience & Skills
• 5-7 years of relevant experience in payroll administration
• CPP credential preferred
• Ability to professionally interact with all levels of staff including management
• Strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to work well under pressure
• Ability to handle confidential matters using sound judgment and discretion.
• Prior experience processing payroll within a multi-state environment, as well as Canada.
• Should possess strong knowledge of general accounting, payroll tax, legal and accounting requirements related to Payroll administration, as well as internal processes related to Payroll administration.
• Must have advanced PC (Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point), and integrated payroll system skills.
• Ability to make independent decisions and process analytical payroll matters.
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.