Sr. Provider Analytics Consultant - Smart Networks at Bright Health
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
Our Network team is responsible for partnering with our Care Partners to turn their provider networks into market leading integrated delivery systems. We are reimagining how the network development, implementation and management functions can advance affordable, simple, and personal care for our members. The Senior Business Analyst, Smart Networks will be accountable for driving the company’s performance by defining and building our best practices for high-performing network design, prioritizing network development priorities across active and new markets, and advancing other strategic initiatives. This role will collaborate with other teams at Bright, including Market Development, market leadership, distribution, operations, analytics, legal, and finance. You will also represent Bright with external partners, including identifying and developing key new participants of Bright’s insurance networks.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Business Analyst, Smart Networks description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items.
- Scope, develop and manage process of new market network construction
- Work with Care Partner to navigate market landscape and coordinate efforts to enhance clinically integrated network development
- Evaluate existing and potential Care Partner networks against regulatory standards to inform market viability
- Identify and pursue potential high quality and cost-efficient network participants needed to satisfy internal and external network structure standards
- Conduct research to inform enterprise understanding of federal and state regulatory environments
- Contribute to the development of best practices for provider contract negotiation and execution in new and existing Bright markets
- Assess and manage external resources (e.g. consultants, vendors etc.)
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required. Mathematics, Economics, Healthcare or other quantitative discipline preferred.
- Three (3)+ years of experience, ideally at a consulting firm, investment back, healthcare provider, payer, or vendor required.
- A passion for and experience in the healthcare services or other highly regulated sectors
- Strong, creative thinking skills with the ability to analyze problems which may require multiple and/or unconventional approaches
- Desire and ability to quickly move between highly detailed analytics and big picture strategic thinking
- Excellent multitasking and prioritization skills with a proven ability to manage multiple projects in parallel to completion
- Bias toward action; sense of urgency, self-initiative, and ownership of work
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize and collaborate on internal and external-facing projects across cross-functional teams
- Strong knowledge of and experience working with healthcare data including but not limited to claims, testing results and pharmacy data required
- Experience with MS Excel functions that include working with large data sets, creating standardized reports, utilizing vLookups and advanced functions/ formulas, creating, using and interpreting pivot tables, filtering and formatting.
- Strong data querying skills using tools such as SQL or SAS Enterprise Guide required
- Ability to prepare dashboards and presenting data using a data visualization tool such as Tableau preferred
The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Some travel may be required.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.