Strategic Business Analyst at Acrisure Technology Group (Austin, TX)
Our mission is to help the world share its risk more intelligently to power a more vibrant economy. To do this, we are transforming insurance distribution and underwriting into a science. We provide entrepreneurial insurance brokers with tools to automatically deliver intelligence-driven experiences to their clients, and it provides insurers and investors with a platform for generating superior returns on large portfolios of risk.
At the core of our operating model is our technology: we’re building the premier “AI factory” in the world for risk and applying it at the center of the #1 fastest growing and top-10 largest brokerage in history. By systematically converting data into predictions, insights, and choices, we believe we can remove the constraints associated with scale, scope, and learning that have existed in the insurance industry for centuries.
We operate at the intersection of world class AI talent and seasoned industry expertise. We aren’t afraid to challenge conventional wisdom for the benefit of our customers and society, nor do we think we have all the answers. Our culture values first principles thinking, humility, acting boldly, and fresh, heterogeneous perspectives that help us see what others cannot see to transform the industry. We’d like your help.
As a Strategic Business Analyst, you will have significant responsibility for shaping and executing our product strategy and operations. You will enable us to achieve top- and bottom-line impact through your ability to understand, synthesize, visualize and communicate data insights to inform product strategy and operations. Working closely with a diverse set of Product, Business Operations and Executive stakeholders, you will play a key role in helping others structure and answer key business questions. You are driven by a passion for improving the world through data-driven processes. Help us turn that vision into reality.
Here are some of the ways in which you’ll achieve impact:
Own product analytics and performance measurement
- Act as first responder on product-related data questions
- Design, implement and the right dashboards to allow us to monitor product performance and analyze/act upon business drivers in near real-time
- Enable Product Managers and AI Researchers to understand feature performance and new opportunities for enhancing impact
- Help the push towards longer-term vision towards self-service for data-related needs
Uncover strategic insights to inform overall strategy
- Build knowledge and expertise on our suite of products, users, AI models and feature use cases and how they deliver top and bottom line impact
- Develop and leverage frameworks to help structure the team’s thinking and facilitate alignment on key decisions among various stakeholders.
- Structure business issues into digestible, actionable questions and use your data acumen to communicate the answer to those questions
- Deliver insights to help drive overall product strategy and our roadmap prioritization
Drive and measure business impact across teams to deliver against opportunities.
- Become intimately familiar with key business drivers and strategic choices and understand the mechanisms by which our AI-focused team can impact those things.
- Provide recommendations for product leaders and the executive team that enhance decision-making.
- Assist in crafting a measurement strategy for projects, e.g., by determining what data to capture to achieve near real-time visibility on our impact.
- Analyze new opportunities, synthesize findings, develop go-forward plans, and be part of the team that translates those recommendations into results.
You may be fit for this role if you are:
- High energy. You bring passion and enthusiasm to your work and are highly productive in a fast-paced environment with little oversight on a day-to-day basis.
- You are adept at decomposing and solving real world business problems. You are comfortable with data and ambiguity, and able to independently delve into the details (advanced knowledge of SQL is a strong plus).
- Knowledgeable about high-growth analytics. You understand the insights needed to help product teams drive growth, and are comfortable with advanced marketing analytics methods and product operations
- An expert at multi-tasking and prioritization. You enjoy balancing numerous different priorities and demands.
- Clarity providing. You identify the 80/20 opportunities and avoid analysis overload.
- Diverse in your perspective. Your unique, non-traditional perspective enhances our team’s problem solving abilities.
- Capable of driving success in any condition. You act like an owner and are independently capable of seeking information in an unstructured environment, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources, and delivering results in challenging situations.
- A concise and effective communicator. You can distill complex analysis and concepts into concise takeaways and communicate effectively across all levels and functions.
- A relationship-builder. Able to build trust quickly with internal stakeholders and customers with a high degree of empathy and a team-first collaborative attitude.
- Work experience: 2+ years of work experience -- at a strategy consulting firm, investment bank, private equity firm, and/or operating experience at a high-growth enterprise software, SaaS, or consumer internet business highly preferred.
- Academics: Undergraduate degree in math, science, finance, economics or any quantitative major.
- Location: Willing and able to work from the headquarters in Austin, Texas (preferred), with remote roles considered for the right candidate.
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas. If you are a solid data analyst candidate and eager to drive impact using data, we are eager to talk to you.