Associate Visual Designer-Contractor at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
We are looking for a talented Contract Associate Visual Designer to join our team! Designers at BigCommerce are responsible for the creation and maintenance of high-quality, publication ready content in support of our merchant and partner engagement goals. While Designers collaborate with all teams at BigCommerce, the relationship between Marketing and Design will be critical for the success of this role. You will be trusted to deliver content that aligns to our creative vision and guidelines while still meeting conversion and optimization best-practices.
You feel passionately that Design is a craft and a critical part of the overall marketing strategy. You have a passion for visual design, and can produce focused on-brand work in a timely fashion.
- Collaborate with the design team on conceptual ideas in brainstorming sessions and taking leads on various design initiatives.
- Partner directly with various stakeholders to deliver on-brand, high-quality content and assets.
- Help push the overall bar for design while contributing to the growing BC Design Culture.
- Determine appropriate use of patterns and guidelines for various content needs.
- Take full ownership of your work, including managing multiple priorities and creating awareness of the production pipeline.
- Advocate for and help nurture high-performing brand and content guidelines.
- Ensure content is optimized and organized for requester needs
- 1+ years of design experience working with a marketing team. Preferably with a product or software company.
- Be able to multitask, working on several projects at once with careful attention to detail.
- Experience delivering assets and content for large-scale digital properties, including: responsive websites, social channels, advertising platforms, and email. Experience in print publication is a plus. Specific experience required will vary depending on level.
- Expertise in image optimizing, retouching, manipulation, color correction.
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, PowerPoint, Keynote, and JIRA. Experience with Craft, Marketo, and other online publication tools is a plus.
- Delivery experience working in cross-disciplinary teams.
- Understanding of mobile and internationalization is a plus.
- A systems thinker. You quickly embrace and align to guidelines, understanding their application across channels for the entire customer lifecycle.
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimize process.
- Fun. You're a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome.
- Pragmatic. You appreciate the latest design trends but can easily filter out what is and isn’t useful to the task at handA utility player. You're willing to help out wherever needed.
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.