Bestow is a smarter approach to life insurance using big data and technology to bring simple and affordable coverage to everyone.
Who We Are
First thing you need to know; Bestow is not your typical insurance company. We’ve completely reimagined industry assumptions, and harnessed technology and big data to create life insurance products that aren’t just delightful to use, but deliver on our mission: to make financial products accessible to more people than ever before.
Check us out at hellobestow.com
Who We’re Looking For
“Innovative” and “disruptive” can be overused words. But at Bestow, it isn’t jargon, it’s an
everyday rally cry. We are rewriting the rules of the 400-year-old, $7 trillion life insurance
industry, serving communities who have been underserved in the past, and we believe the
future is a bright one.
So, if you’re excited by the idea of building an industry-defining brand from scratch, working at a
mission-driven company, and fundamentally shaking up an age-old industry, read on, friend.
Our ideal Creative Director is a driven creator who possesses strong design skills, a passion for
innovation, a proven track record leading creative teams (small or large), with expertise in
driving process, speed and creative excellence. We are looking for someone with impeccable
taste, and eye for detail. For you, art direction is truly art. A craft that you’ve spent years
Our ideal Creative Director will be brand-driven, with experience in both traditional and digital
media; successful working with external partners to deliver results; able to excel in urgent
deadline-driven environments; in tune with pop culture and current trends; and ideally
possesses some experience in and great affinity for, mission-based brands.
We are looking for a highly motivated, multi-talented creative individual who is both hands-on,
strategic, and, of course, truly passionate about our company and its mission. Ultimately,
cultural fit and creative sensibility are extremely important. We are looking for a team player who
will approach this role with creativity, humor and heart.
What We'd Like You To Do
- Direct freelance support teams and soon, bring on and oversee, an advertising agency.
- Direct full-scale, integrated marketing campaigns from concept to completion, helping to further define creative best practices and inspire the best possible experience for our customers.
- Develop overarching creative strategies and concepts that inspire key audiences not just to purchase life insurance, but to become advocates for our brand.
- Develop and execute (often with outside production companies or agencies) all digital and social content.
- Ensure that all content is produced quickly and efficiently, while also making sure it is entertaining, clever, compelling and uniquely on brand.
- Ensure that all creative and content across the organization and external partners is on brand. Some might call you the “brand police,” we’ll just call you by your first name.
- Partner with CMO to update and evolve the voice and look and feel of our brand, along with creative guidelines, to support the organization, external partners and agencies.
- Collaborate with existing corporate partners to deliver inspiring brand integrations across platforms, working alongside their internal creative teams and external agencies.
- Contribute to creative pitches for new and potential corporate partners. Create compelling content/sizzles to illustrate what makes us unique.
- Continuously test our content, messaging, and creative to evaluate and optimize its effectiveness in driving awareness, engagement, and conversion. This means creating KPIs and ensuring measurement tactics are in place, to quantify creative’s impact on the bottom line.
A Little About You
- You have solid, 8+ year experience on agency or brand side.
- You have a robust portfolio demonstrating your strategic approach, multi-platform, 360-thinking and creative range.
- Your portfolio also includes at least one example from a “traditional” industry (financial services, insurance, USPS, enterprise software, etc.) where your creativity and craft made you proud and made the company money.
- You know the big idea when you see it, but also recognize little nuances that give the perfect tone and texture. In fact, “pixel perfect” is not good enough for you. The attention to detail you give every piece of work you produce has been known to annoy the less dedicated, and to delight consumers.
- You are prolific and iterative in your approach to the work.
- You’re never satisfied with the work you produce and are still hungry after years in the industry.
- You are self-motivated and don’t wait to be told what to do
- You don’t take yourself too seriously; we are a casual bunch
- You’re comfortable bringing your point of view into a discussion
- You’re deeply collaborative, transparent communicators who always endeavor to "bring something extra" to each assignment. Egoless creativity is key.
- You desire to succeed in a demanding, innovative, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment
- You have exceptional time-management, organization, written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
- You’re someone who believes “fun in the halls means great work on the walls” So we’re looking for an optimistic teammate who keeps things fun.
- You’re passionate about helping others and are excited to use your creative skills for good!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description