At Sips by, we make discovering tea fun, personalized, and affordable, delighting hundreds of thousands of tea drinkers every day through engaging content, a personalized tea subscription service, and a multi-brand ecommerce marketplace with a personalized shopping experience. We are a female-founded and -led startup experiencing rapid growth - in fact, we were recently named #79 on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies in the US.
About the Role
As the Creative Director at Sips by, you will lead our creative function, elevating our brand through strategy, the power of ideas, and the production of meaningful and relevant content that adds value to our brand, consumers and partners. You will manage and grow a small team, and partner closely with the marketing and technical teams to develop and implement a best-in-class design system. This role will be a player-coach, flexing between strategic thinking and hands-on execution.
Here’s a bit more about what you’ll do:
- Establish Sips by’s creative strategy in partnership with our CEO, including refining our brand guide and visual identity and developing a design system for our website and digital marketing efforts
- Build, lead, and grow a small creative team that touches every aspect of the customer experience, from marketing campaigns to ecom experiences to products and packaging
- Translate briefs into creative concepts, then drive concepts through to execution
- Partner closely with content, lifecycle, acquisition, product, and technology teams to prioritize requests and bring ideas to life
- Conceptualize and direct photo and video shoots with external vendors
The ideal candidate for this role has deep experience designing for the online space, from digital ads to ecommerce websites. You have a passion for delivering outstanding customer experiences, and maintain a high bar for creative execution. You are an expert at translating creative briefs into design concepts, then seeing those concepts through to execution.
You balance your creative thinking with a structured approach to design, and are capable of managing projects for yourself and your team, communicating with stakeholders along the way.
- 8+ years of design experience, including at least 3 years of experience within the ecommerce space
- Experience developing and driving the implementation of design systems, partnering closely with marketing and technical teams
- Deep understanding of brand, visual design, user experience, and digital marketing
- Experience with product and packaging design
- Strong conceptual thinker with experience delivering brand- and performance-focused campaigns
- Strong understanding of graphic design principles, current web technologies, and accessibility standards
- Experience simultaneously managing multiple projects across a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the business and a variety of job functions (marketing, technology, product)
Even better if you have:
- In-house experience with high-growth startups
- Experience with direct-to-consumer brands
- Experience with Asana