Who We Are
Bestow is a digital life insurance company built on full stack technology and AI. In a world in need of greater financial resilience and protection, Bestow democratizes access to smart financial products and powers some of the world’s leading consumer platforms. We are reimagining and rebuilding a 400-year-old, $7 trillion industry to create a brighter future for millions of families. And we’re just getting started.
The Bestow team is a diverse band of first principles thinkers on a mission to do good. We’re fortunate to be backed by leading investors and partners including Valar Ventures, NEA, 8VC and MunichRe.
Who We're Looking For
We are looking for a driven, entrepreneurial-minded digital product leader who is ready to make a big impact at one of the fastest-growing tech startups in Texas.
As a Design Lead, you are first and foremost the authority on good Design in a given squad. Just as importantly, you also manage and lead designers in your office. You are empathetic to the needs of your team and of our customers (and those that aren't customers yet). You are successful when your team is equipped with the right skills and contributes to their squad.
Do you thrive on finding intuitive solutions to difficult challenges with a healthy mix of data and user research? Are you willing to challenge long-held assumptions? Do frustrating user experiences keep you up at night? Are you ready to use your design powers to help democratize financial stability for millions of Americans? If so, we'd love to hear from you.
What you can expect to work on:
Design Lead on Growth Squad. As our Growth Design lead you will work with Product Managers to define product vision and strategy and make certain that requirements are clear and sufficient to begin Design. It will be your responsibility to ensure that the output quality of all designers on your squad is high and in line with Design systems and other best practices.
Validation of Features and Request. Working with product managers, you will be tasked with ensuring the usefulness of a given feature or request to the intended audience of users. This would include but not be limited to user research, usability testing, and analysis of data after a feature is launched. As a Design Lead, you'll be expected to be able to synthesize these findings and derive actionable insights.
Cultivate Successful Designers. Your success at Bestow is significantly influenced by your ability to take complex product requests, pair them with data and research and lead designers through the Design of meaningful and effective solutions. In your actions and interactions, you should embody and reinforce our first-principles approach to work.
Deliver Solutions. The management of the timelines and stakeholder feedback will be an important part of your role as a manager and Design lead. Your ability to ensure that all needed stakeholders have been informed and included when needed throughout the Design process will be key to your success in this role.
A Little About You
- 7+ years of industry experience in digital product design
- 2+ years of design management experience (with direct reports)
- Track record of leading teams through the process of designing intuitive, conversation-focused web product experiences and the numbers to prove it.
- Comfort working within an Agile software development environment.
- Effective written & verbal communication and presentation skillsPassion for data-informed, human-centered design.
- Experience with the management and on-going maintenance of a Design system
- Fluent in modern design software and prototyping workflows such as Sketch, Abstract, and Figma.
- Bonus Points: Experience with Design research and a working knowledge of front-end development and/or a degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI)/Product Design/Human Factors/Design
What We Can Offer You
- Competitive salary
- Generous PTO
- Flexible schedule and work/life balance
- 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- Choose your own computer setup (Mac or PC)
- Office snacks and weekly team lunches
- Team building events and activities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bestow does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.