At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
This is a remote position but must be based in one of the following countries: United States, UK, Portugal or Canada.
About our team:
We’re a group of people that love to learn, collaborate and solve large-scale problems. We’re looking for a capable, curious and talented Design Systems visionary to join our team and lead the Product Design design system.
Cloudflare is an exciting, fast-paced and supportive place to work and grow. Cloudflare’s global network spans more than 200 cities in over 100 countries, and we’re growing every day. Your work will impact and influence the user experience of our entire product portfolio - products used by millions of people daily.
What we’re looking for:
We’re hiring a Design Systems visionary who can lead, create, coordinate and build to drive quality and consistency, velocity, accessibility, aesthetic harmony and performant implementation.
In this role, you would work with and coordinate between Product, Front-end and Design teams. You would be responsible for crafting and implementing a vision that evolves and guides our Design Systems perspective that influences the design of our Product Portfolio.
We're looking for a Design Systems leader who believes in our mission of helping to make a better Internet and is excited about using emerging technologies and methodologies that can be used to help people.
If you like tackling big, meaningful and complex problems with real-world impact, come help us make the Internet better! We’d love to hear from you.
- Create a unified, cohesive set of UX and visual guidelines for all of Cloudflare products
- Responsible for the components, libraries, patterns and documentation of our Product Design System.
- Maintain and improve a Design System contribution model to streamline the process of multiple autonomous product teams building components for one-off use cases, moving to systematized items.
- Can quickly iterate and communicate concepts at appropriate levels of fidelity, while managing and providing constructive critique.
- Plan strategically as a partner with engineering and product to define the future of design systems
- Continuously improve Design System processes, practice, and culture.
- Drive momentum around priorities with resilience and positivity.
- Ensure pertinent information is communicated and understood by partners and leadership.
- Help to maintain and improve cross-functional collaboration, relationships and processes around Design Systems
- Measure, improve, and align Design System impact metrics with company objectives and help communicate the value of the Design System on the business.
In addition to deep, applied knowledge of Design Systems, this role requires strong communication, facilitation, and organizational understanding.
- Human-focussed, highly-collaborative, critical and strategic thinker.
- Successful track record of creating and managing impactful design systems and processes.
- At least 6 years of relevant professional experience, with 2+ years in building and maintaining design systems
- You have a body of work that highlights design systems you have created or largely contributed to
- Experience as a lead contributor to multiple high impact projects
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
22.214.171.124: We released 126.96.36.199 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.