The Instructional Designer/Curriculum Developer will have responsibility for the training curriculum for SailPoint’s SaaS software product. They will work collaboratively with colleagues who take pride in their work, can depend on each other to make things happen, respect opinions and like to work hard, succeed, and have fun.
The Instructional Designer will design, develop, deliver, and maintain high-quality, effective hands-on learning for a technical audience. Learning is delivered in multiple modalities including in-person instructor-led, virtual instructor-led and self-paced eLearning. This full-time, instructional design position builds education content for a SaaS software, rapid release environment. Experience designing instructional materials for software products is required; experience designing for SaaS is preferred.
The designer must be able to lead and collaborate with SMEs, instructors, technical writers, and content delivery teams. The designer is responsible for managing the schedule, balancing content across courses, driving updates, writing and editing storyboards and scripts, and working with the production team, always with a goal to elevate the learning experience.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage a continual update process for a suite of courses supporting a SaaS software product
- Design and develop instructor-led and virtual training programs for a technical audience including customers, partners, and employees
- Conduct needs assessments, formulate project plans, analyze and identify methodologies to improve existing training offerings and materials as necessary
- Maintain, edit, and customize deliverables, including lesson plans, user guides, instructor guides, and self-paced learning materials
- Draft storyboards, scripts, and prototypes of training content and proactively shepherd drafts through proper reviews, updates, and approvals
- Proofread and copyedit content for proper use of terminology, grammar, punctuation, and styles in accordance with department guidelines
- Test content for accuracy, user engagement, and effectiveness
- Learn and use supported software well enough to develop, test, and validate technical content of training materials
- Develop a continuous improvement process for training content including an evaluation method and updates to content as needed
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, instructors, and peers
- Prioritize and manage projects to completion and meet desired milestones
- Build productive relationships and communicate with cross-functional teams
- Follow and contribute to corporate and team style and graphic guidelines
- Contribute to training strategies and development of tactics and tools
- Additional duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications include:
- At least 5 years of experience in the development of training programs for self-paced (eLearning) and instructor-led instruction for the software field; SaaS software experience preferred
- Experience writing for a technical audience such as software developers, implementers, and administrators
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in instructional design, including training task analysis, writing objectives, curriculum and lesson planning/design, implementation, and evaluation.
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- Excellent technical writing and editing skills
- Visual and graphic design skills
- Proven ability to simplify complex information into an easy-to-understand format
- Proven ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and work across functional teams – internally and externally, in-person and virtually
- Proven ability to accept, manage, and act on feedback from collaborators, instructors, and students
- High level of expertise in Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated detailed knowledge of at least one Learning Management System (Learndot Enterprise preferred)
- Experience with and knowledge of eLearning development software such as Storyline and Camtasia
- Desire to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- High standards for work quality, self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong communication, team, and interpersonal skills
- Experience teaching technical content a plus
- Possess a portfolio of instructor-led and eLearning work with instructional design examples
- BS or MA in Instructional Design (or similar) with a computer software background; or BS or MA in Computer Science (or similar) with an instructional design background; or equivalent experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.